S14 complete car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 complete car

I was wondering if anyone knows a source for s14 complete cars. I am looking for an American version (after minor change), from a tuning shop. Some thing in the 25K range. Thank you. Oh I forgot it needs to be on the mainland.

For 25K I'll build a boat and sail to Japan myself and deliver the cars. Heheh!! Joke! Just check out Ebay Auto's bro. They have ALOT of 94+ 240sx's (s14 chassis). None are sold for even close to 25K. Max like 8K for a perfect condition car.

http://listings.ebaymotors.com/pool1...dir=-1&from=R4
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 07-14-2003, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Actually I am looking for a car for States side use. Chicago to be more specific. I am looking for a pre built machine. Not a base. Do any of the shops in the states build cars and sell them as complete machines? In Japan the call them complete cars.

Comment

yeah, i see what you're after...a turn key drift car. but let me say something here. drifting can get real real expensive real real quick. so if you don't turn you're own wrenches, i sure hope you've got some mad cash somewhere to take care of the bills. yeah you could get a nice "turn-key" or pre-built s14 with all the goodies in the 10K to 20K range. but if you're just learning to drift you could wipe that thing out in one night if you're not careful. that's why most start with 2K to 5K cars and do the work ourselves. when you reach "drifter-x" status, then others can do the work and build you 100K machines.

Comment

Maybe this guy is a total roxor drifter in Japan and wants to come to America to spread drifting You could of course find an S14 on the mainland for probably less than 25,000k...although I dont know a source, you can get anything with money here thats why I hate America...

Comment

Thanks for your concern. I am not just learning. I regulary drift 3rd gear sweepers. At last weeks session 3 cars crashed, 2 crashed trying to keep up with me.

So does anyone know any sources for S14 turn key (thanks for the word, by the way) drift machines.

Comment

I think your best bet would be to find the website of some newspapers in Chicago, find the yellowpages, then call the local tuner shops in Chicago yourself. The chances of finding what you want (turnkey) are pretty slim. And to tell you the truth I think its a bad idea. Even if you front the cash, since you are so far away, there is a good chance you're going to get screwed (bad install, bad motor, lied to, etc). But maybe thats just because I dont trust other people to mod my car, and I dont like buying other peoples modded cars (most of the time). I say the best bet would be to get in contact with a respectable tuner shop in that area, buy the 240 on ebay, have it shipped to the tuner shop, and have them do all the mods. But if it were me, I would just wait till I move, buy the car after fully checking it out, and do all the mods myself. Different strokes for different folks I guess ...

And the thought of a 'turn key drift machine' kind of makes me ... uhhh ... nevermind ....
              Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 07-15-2003, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am begining to think the market is just plain different in America than it is here, in Japan. Here most companies advertise a complete car price and specs. Then they just build it when some one orders. They buy whatever is low miles and not wrecked from the Japanese used car network and as soon as someone places an order they build it. I guess this kind of thing does not exist stateside. Anyway, thanks for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ada180sx
                  Thanks for the advice. I am begining to think the market is just plain different in America than it is here, in Japan. Here most companies advertise a complete car price and specs. Then they just build it when some one orders. They buy whatever is low miles and not wrecked from the Japanese used car network and as soon as someone places an order they build it. I guess this kind of thing does not exist stateside. Anyway, thanks for the info!!
                  you're right...there is a huge difference in our two markets. i hope one day this kind of tuning will be in america for the drifter. you're country still has honor though my friend...something that's often hard to find in our automotive mechanical businesses here stateside. i know from experience by getting screwed by a "friend" on which i worked on the race team and in the shop. nothing is sacred here and a lot of mechanics don't care about their reputation or honor. that's sad.

note: there are a lot of good people here in the business, but a lot of swindlers also. just beware of who does your work.

Comment

yeah man i havent heard of anything like that setup around here in the midwest...sorry i'm not of any help but i am in the same boat(less $ though) that is why i am getting an s14 daily driver and then slowly adding things as i go along i.e. rollcage, 5point harness belts, new set of rubber and rims...ect.
                    oh and all the safety is due to the wife but my main point is i dont know of any around here and i have been searching alot about these 240's but check this site
                    zilvia.net
                    all about 240's if you dont know that ask around there they should be able to help
                    -myk_

Comment

Theres plenty fixed up ones out here some fo sale some not, but with 25K to spend alot of not for sale ones would quickly become for sale. Problem is theres not many in the Chicago area. Better bet is to buy one in cali fo cheaper rent a truck and tow it back. Or drive it back to Chicago. THere are tons of S14's in Los Angeles.

Statik

Comment

Ada180sx!

Hey Ada180sx im not sure if you are still looking for your S14 turn key car, however if you are please PM me or email me at naturallyad@hotmail.com and I would be more than willing to talk to you and provide you with any car you would like.

Jake (N.A. Dreams L.L.C.)
                        Dream.Build.Drive.

Comment

evolutionimports.net get legalized RHD drive cars from japan so if ya want another RHD car they can ship it to you anything ya want skyline, hachi,180,14,15 anything check them out

Comment

Working...
                          X