Musclecar drifting on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musclecar drifting on Speed

I was wondering did anybody see the Autorotica/American Muscle Car special "Where the Rubber Meets the Road"? The first part shows some Boss 302's, Amc Javelins, and Camaros sliding through the corners in small-but-noticeble drifts in a 60's Transam Race. Then during the last 15 minutes they show some GM test track footage. An early-model C5 does a 2 drifts in 2 consecutive corners, then they cut to a Z28 on the same track. The C5 didn't make any tire smoke but held a long drift, and then a Z28 took to the same track and made a ton of smoke while drifting the same corners. It made me proud

Cool. But boooo.

Comment

boooo? booo?!!

Comment

Well, if people boo me im gonna give everyone the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
          Well, if people boo me im gonna give everyone the finger.

DO IT!!!!! Your the man crazy.

Comment

Yeah Ive seen it and i liked it.....if you can drift in it....why not........sh*t if i just had a frame,engine,wheels and a seat i would try (and probably fail) to drift it!

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
              Yeah Ive seen it and i liked it.....if you can drift in it....why not........sh*t if i just had a frame,engine,wheels and a seat i would try (and probably fail) to drift it!
              youd fail for lack of a steering wheel and transmission... and all parts associated with them that make them work.

Comment

JEEEEZZZZZZ!!!! i tried not to be all technical chris but i think u know wat i meant.....

Comment

Damn I wish I saw that footage. I would love to drift a C5 heh heh...man if only....

Comment

you can drift in any car.. but doing it in a classic car is just retarded.... damaging a peice of history isnt a part of fun... it just seems kinda dumb to me that all the old dudes want to jump on the bandwagon just as bad as the young crowd. then they go and say how nothing is as good as a muscle car.... i used to be like that lol.

it may look cool but the idea is dumb IMO.... mostly for reasons of the torture on the vehicles. but then again ive gotten to the point where i drive my mustang like once a month for fear of something bad happening to it....

Comment

i was j/k formula drift.
                      anybody take a look at the super chevy april 2004 issue? if u did do u think that camaro is driftin gor just a counter steered burnout?

Comment

i doubt many of us get that mag in our mail... if you supply us with a link to the pics, then we can decide if its a drift or not

Comment

Originally posted by Trevultaspeed
                          you can drift in any car.. but doing it in a classic car is just retarded.... damaging a peice of history isnt a part of fun... it just seems kinda dumb to me that all the old dudes want to jump on the bandwagon just as bad as the young crowd. then they go and say how nothing is as good as a muscle car.... i used to be like that lol.

it may look cool but the idea is dumb IMO.... mostly for reasons of the torture on the vehicles. but then again ive gotten to the point where i drive my mustang like once a month for fear of something bad happening to it....
                          They were on a tv show with footage from a race in the 60s, so they were new cars back then. Unless i misread the post.

Comment

maybe i misread the post.... i dunno but if it was the old racing it
                            sounds like it would be the old Trans-am races... its drifting depending on what you call a drift i guess... the cars were probably just getting kinda squirly around the corners, which isnt unusual with the big heavy transam cars of the day... they werent very stable at all. it was pretty much american manufacturers first attempt at making their cars turn... other than a left banking corner that is....

with all the power of the v8s, just alittle too much throttle exiting the corner would push it sideways easy.. hell ive done it on my mustang just driving normally. thats my guess as to what happend....

Comment

This was in the 60's. Back then the tires and the tracks had less traction, so you saw small drifts (the car's were sideways just enough to notice it) in every kind of racing. The cars undesteered so they had to use the throttle to turn them. This was mainly due to the bias-ply tires of the era. They allowed the car to slide without spinning. The newer radial tires combined with todays hyper-sensitive racecars means that to run the car on the edge and get the most out of it you have to keep the car stable. Thus as the cars changed, so did the way they were driven.

Comment

Working...
                              X