It's that time of month again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of month again..

Ok..tonight (saturday night)..mother and I went to yonder car store. ..

uh what?...read it if you want, but its one LONG A$$ STORY

continuing on, my mom thought it would be a good idea to take me out to look for a car. We went to this place near Sagami Depot (Fuchinobe train station)...she stopped at a lot i mentioned before...it was heaven..my mom parked upstairs where the silvias/fc3s/supras/180sxs were at...i looked around...saw this nice black 180sx..wangan wing...everything...my mom really wanted me to look into that one cuz she said it was "neat"...i looked in to it..but i saw the 490,000 price tag for an 89 180sx..uh i can get an s14 ks for that if i look hard enough...then i turn around...and its like god called on me to look at a magnificent specimen...an S13 silvia.

The Silvia had minor scratches..some nice, black BBS rims which looked like they were scraped along some curbs..you know the minor bumps and bruises...i asked the guy for info on the car:
    85k kilos..ca18de..front and rear struts...so on and so on..the price tag: 190,000 yen....i almost poo'd my pants...about $1,800 for a silvia! I asked the jap guy to go get the keys

A minute later, he returned with two cups of popcorn, and the keys. he unlocked the door, and i stepped inside. I asked for the keys and he agreed to hand them over. My mom thought i was going to shift into gear and drive away, but i wasnt that stupid. oh boy was there a lot of room! There was no power steering, but thats how ill transform into a real man. I checked the ebrake...clutched...and tested out the transmission...smoooth. I set it back to neutral, and fired the bad boy up. From the inside, it wasnt that loud...not a fart can like sound, but i loved the low idle sound of the car. I opened the door, and popped the hood.

I opened the bonnet and looked inside..i saw a nice strut bar..then noticed a pillow ball mount? i was too caught up in the moment to ask if it had coilovers. The bay was quite clean, and i was impressed. I gave him the keys and said i was interested.

My mom said there were some nice cars downstairs...we got down stairs...and..my god...FD3S/CHASER/INTEGRA LAND...type R's everywhere! but thats not what i was lookin at, and nor was my mom. Her eye was caught by a red FD3S. Price tag: 900,000 yen ($8,800 ish). She said she was interested into buying it for me...whoa i never thought my mom was this cool. I did the same thing as i did with the S13..and the rx7 is a hell of a lot louder and has more knee room...but the back seats are crowded.

Well...to make a long story short, i didnt buy anything. My mom said "we'll come back next week when your dad comes back from TDY" which is tomorrow (sunday).

im gonna cry if anyone buys that s13 q's...there arent a lot of cheap cars around where i live so i was lucky to find that one. Well give me some feedback on the CA18DE engine and stuff..

Here are the only sentances I read but I got the idea:

<begin>

Ok..tonight (saturday night)..mother and I went to yonder car store. ..

uh what?...read it if you want, but its one LONG A$$ STORY

<enter skip mode>

Well...to make a long story short, i didnt buy anything. My mom said "we'll come back next week when your dad comes back from TDY" which is tomorrow (sunday).

im gonna cry if anyone buys that s13 q's...there arent a lot of cheap cars around where i live so i was lucky to find that one. Well give me some feedback on the CA18DE engine and stuff..

<end>

Hope you get the car you want man!! hehhehe

Comment

^ lol spark notes version of my whole story

Comment

CA18DE? Nothing wrong with it but I think you should have patient and ride the bus for a while longer. Its really easy to fall in love with a car...but in the end I think you would want a CA18DET or an SR20DET engine anyway. One day when you least expect it you will find the car you are looking for. Dont rush it!

Have your eyes open and look for ads in newspapers, internet and on a couple of cardealers. And remember to test drive atleast 2 cars of the same model with the same engine so you can feel if anything is wrong.

As we say in Sweden: "One shoul have ICE in the stomac"

Comment

ah... Isn't it nice to be living in the Land of the Rising Sun? If I did, I wouldn't be so surprised to be seeing a car lot full of those cars 'coz that would be just an everyday thang, especially in the "inaka" areas like Kanagawa prefecture. You must be a "military brat" in Japan or something. Lucky guy, you!!! Urayamashii yo, honto ni. Anyway, hope you find the car you want at a dirt-cheap price.
          Last edited by OBAKASAN; 04-17-2004, 09:57 AM.

Comment

*starts crying* I wish it were that easy out here. Good luck man.

Comment

OOOOOOOHhhhhhh! Buy a Chaser!!! Also, man yall got good salesmen down thurr: free popcorn!

Comment

Pick up the FD and get nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
                  Pick up the FD and get nuts.

go for the s13 and get pop corn

Comment

FD... damn... get it mang.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT4ing
                      *starts crying* I wish it were that easy out here. Good luck man.
                      yeah really.

Comment

but the reason is i dont wanna crash the FD...but my mom wants me to get it...yeah im goin to up garage to look at their outragously expensive prices...and theres some local car shops with ok cars...so im gonna check them out...next time ill take the camera..oh man was the FD and S13 beautiful

Comment

i would advoid the ca18de. Only because i know how slow the KA24DE is and thats 50 percent more displacement.

now a CA18DET is another story.

well actualy, is this going to be your first car? that being the case a CA18 would be alright to learn and of course the S13 can be upgraded at any point in the future.

Comment

second car...yeah the ca18de doesnt have a lot of power...i might ask lorin if he has an ca18dets up where he is..or maybe an sr20

Comment

How popular are the KA's out there? obviously they would have to be imported but. They do offer you the most displacement with out going to a rb series motor. Which can be very good depending on what you want. Im consideirng a NA KA build up soon as i finish up school this summer. Not everyones cup of tea, but something to consider.

of course i love all nissan engines. not one of those guys who thinks one is the ultimate engine and the rest suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X