Ae86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ae86

how much does the RPM say when its on 5th gear and going about 70 mph cuz for my 86, its about 4000 and i think its too high... and its keeps on over-heating.. anyways.. i was just wondering how much RPM other 86 gives out when its on 5th and going 70..

some people said that my engine is messed up, but i think its the transmission thats the problem, or just the 5th gear.. if you have any advice, please reply.. cuz i really want to keep driving my 86 without blowing the engine or changing it or some other shiet like that

The T-50 transmission is geared to put the AE86's low power to good use, however the AE86 is obviously not a wangan freeway car! Don't worry, your transmission is fine, however if you car is overheating then you need to inspect your cooling system. Could be as bad as a blown headgasket, or as simple as a stuck thermostat.
    -Tim

Comment

its normal; final gear ratio on the corolla is pretty high. 4000 rpm at 70mph is normal. overheating though isnt, check your thermostat.

Comment

icic.. thanks guys! i really need your guys opinon because im bummed out of ideas... anyways thanks tim and balmo!!

Comment

Working...
        X