drift being mocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift being mocked

tuner transformation! that show pissed me off! here i see abunch of old sweaty rednecks building a so called "drift" car, hey hank whacha buildin? a drift car. haha it was at that moment when i reallized my heart was now broken and drifting was now mainstreme , but that show just topped it off, hey whole world "driftings the new cool" drop what your doing and start drifting! next we should relate drifting and hip hop an dat right thurr would suck!

it was only a matter of time, like I have said before, let the dawinism of the touge sort out the real drifters,

Comment

Re: drift being mocked

Originally posted by aaah!tirespin!
      next we should relate drifting and hip hop an dat right thurr would suck!
      HELL NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Menchi
        it was only a matter of time, like I have said before, let the dawinism of the touge sort out the real drifters,
        LOL
        SO TRUE!

Comment

it happened. get over it.

Comment

where have you been? drifting has been mainstream for quite a while now. drifting has been mainstream in japan for many years already. drifting has pretty much been mainstream in th U.S. a while before the show tuner transformation even came out. if u want to blame someone for bringing the sport of drifting into the mainstream spotlight... blame option magazine, daijiro inada, and the D1 grand prix. i don't blame them, i'm actually glad they made the decision to bring this sport to it's current status. face it, if it had not been for them, you would have never even heard of drifting. people like you complain about drifting being brought into the spotlight but if you(and many others) did now know about drifting you would be following some other motorsport trend like nascar or import drag racing. pretty much your only options are... 1. get over it and keep enjoying drifting or 2. move on to something else that's supposedly "underground and original" so you can regain you lost sense of "grassroots induvidualism". i'm not trying to hate on anyone. just enjoy the silly mountain dew drifting commercials you'll be seeing for the next few years. DreN's 2 cents
            Last edited by DreNspeed; 04-18-2004, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Atfirst I didnt like the idea of drifting getting popular here, but then I started thinking outside the box and I realized it could be very beneficial for the people who are really into it. There will be more demand for certain parts that some of us dont have access to since you can only get them in japan or through an importer or something like that. More competitions will (and have) start, giving people more chances to improve at tracks. Eventually the people who drift just because its the new fad, will probably get tired of it and move on to something else, where as , the people who truely love it will still be doing what theyre doing now. This has been gone over quite a bit now. But anyway, basically, its not all bad...plus, like DreNspeed said, its been mainstream for a while now already.

Comment

the truest drifters will commense to slauter those posersi hate mainstream,wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?

[Post Was Edited]

Comment

hey Initial D didnt help to hide the "underground" aspect of it.

Comment

none of the things that dreN listed got me into drifting, but that's probably just me because i've been into the japanese/asian stuff for a long *Censored**Censored**Censored* time..

shrug but i see where he's going with it

live with it and move on... some of you are probably just scared because...kids that are getting involved in drifting might just turn out to be better then you, and you won't be able to accept it...

theres nothing you can do...

except -- ^.^;hope that doesn't happen to you
                    Last edited by sobe; 04-18-2004, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I've always maintained that with drifting becomming more and more popular it is up to us, the drifters, to shape it into the sport we want it to become. The fact is the better you are the more say you have. So practice practice practice, and help guide drifting into its next stage.

Also understand, alot of those kids who see shows like that and want to know more about drifting will come to this site. Hell anyone see the first copy of the magazine "boost" (not a bad rag at all) theres a link here in there drifting artical. Its up to us to act mature and help guide the new guys into drifting, and away from the whole "drift car show" stuff, or whatever your pet peve happens to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                        I've always maintained that with drifting becomming more and more popular it is up to us, the drifters, to shape it into the sport we want it to become. The fact is the better you are the more say you have. So practice practice practice, and help guide drifting into its next stage.

Also understand, alot of those kids who see shows like that and want to know more about drifting will come to this site. Hell anyone see the first copy of the magazine "boost" (not a bad rag at all) theres a link here in there drifting artical. Its up to us to act mature and help guide the new guys into drifting, and away from the whole "drift car show" stuff, or whatever your pet peve happens to be.
                        wizened and knowlegeable, you have become
                        -little green guy with big hairy ears (no not kermit!)

Comment

i dont like nascar or drag racing, never did. i know drifting has come along way and im glad that the sport is growing so large, but my concern is drifting being saturated with garbage. im not new to the sport and have been drifting for along while, i thought that show was a joke! sorry if i pissed anyone off. my original grassroot under the ground individuality is indeed the reason for my post, a little much for some of you, but im just trying to be cool.

Comment

i pick #1 get over it keep enjoying drifting.

Comment

^^^ kermit has no ears

Comment

Working...
                              X