Terrible news about my S13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news about my S13

I just got a call from the shop. They believe the bottom end is destroyed. they are still not certain yet what. A connecting rod, or a piston? i dont know. But its bad. My earlier hopes of just breaking the timming chain apears to not be comming true.

If any one has an inexpensive source for a KA motor, or full sr20 swaps (front clip preferable to swap out the tranny.. but i may have a cheap tranny/hydrallic donor) it would be much apreciated.

Until then my beloved car is sitting in some strange garage and not breathing.

Thats her sitting in the middle two pics of my signiture. My S13 Belldandy

you should just hold the shop hostage and demand a transplant John Q style.

Comment

Ouch, that sucks.However KA's are pretty common and cheap so if you wanna go that route again it wouldn't be much of a problem although i don't know anyone who has one laying around at the moment But i bet you can find one lying in a junkyard lol.

If you go SR, i say go with heavy throttle.They will be doing my swap this summer.$2,500 for it but i will install it myself.Really, any cheaper than $2,500 and your asking for trouble, and heavy throttle has a very good reputation, don't buy an engine from some schmuck off ebay or something unless you know damn well it is a good engine.

http://www.srswap.com/

Comment

dude, that sux. i am sorry

Comment

KA24Es with high miles are common here... a good low millage KA24DE in my area is like finding a 300zx brake upgrade in the junkyard. laughable

Comment

heavy throttle may have a good reputation, but they are in NY which means 300 dollars more in shipping easy. And they are on the expensive side anyways. still its just under the outragous 3000 dollars the shop wants to charge me for a rebuilt KA motor...

Comment

Well if any Drifting type forum wants advertising space on my car to help pay for engine cost *cough*drifting.com*cough* they would be more then welcome. Any one else too!

Comment

rofl sorry, i didn't realize you were in cali.

And a big lmao@$3,000 for a KA install.Ouch.I'll be on the look out for a cheap good condition KA over here anyway.I'll let you know if i find anything.

Comment

hey smc.... the best place i would recomend for sr20 is the blue bird company up in LA or its OC.... cant remember ....search em up if u can...

Comment

Why dont you get a www.motorex.net or www.jspec.com swap? (As a side note, the j-spec swaps are done by Ernie Fixmer).

Comment

For Motorex go to the Service section of the site.

Comment

Will motorex sell me the motor with out installing it?

Heres the deal, i dont have the cash for a swap. My father has stepped in and offered to help me out, his idea was to spend 3000 dollars on some dodge stratus or something. Im thinking for 3000 dollars i can put in the sr20 engine i want. So i supose 3 grand is about my limit here. That puts me into heavy throttles price range.

What i want to know is if there is anyone who has done business with someone, preferable in california, someone preferable with a decent price.

Maybe im asking too much for 3 thousand dollars? i dont know. But god i want to get my car running again.

remind me, Flash options was the terrible malasian company right? too bad there prices are incredable.
                        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-19-2004, 06:32 PM.

Comment

honestly for the price of and SR swap and the on going price to get it "smoged" you best bet is to find a KA motor and get a turbo for it..
                          home built turbos can be done pretty cheep and when it comes time to smog just remoce all the crap and go..

Comment

yhose mo foos are expensivee!!! motorex sux!!! go n stole it hahaha nah just kittin, im sorry about tha engine..be patient

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                              honestly for the price of and SR swap and the on going price to get it "smoged" you best bet is to find a KA motor and get a turbo for it..
                              home built turbos can be done pretty cheep and when it comes time to smog just remoce all the crap and go..
                              Your not helping me at all. Im not worried about smog, its a year off, ill let future SMC worry about that. If it was easy to find a low millage KA motor i would of already bought one.

As for the guy who said be patient thats not an option, My only mode of trasportation is down. My baby is sick and i need to fix her.

On going price isnt an issue, Just immedate price. Common its got to be less then 3000 dollars for a full sr swap. heavy throttle is about the most expensive and there looking at 2500 plus shipping

Comment

Working...
                              X