american drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• american drifters

i think its cool that americans have the chance to compete in d1. in a place were everyone claims theyre so good and been drifting longer than the next guy, we should have done better. theres so much claiming, if everyones so experienced, why didnt we get past the best 16. if theres better talent, where you at ! if you think you can do better, stop booing millen from the stands and get on the track. claimers!

rock on

Comment

Re: american drifters

Originally posted by aaah!tirespin!
      stop booing millen
      Ok thanks

Comment

hell yea stop booing him whether it be from him being american or being better than you or driving a domestic car, or all three. if all of you are so much better, why didnt you go out there and try huh? ...lousy bunch of posers...thats what all you are...

but for those of us who were cheering him, more power to us. we will come out on top in the end

Comment

Ill go do that, i'll beat millen in my Camaro... with the trailer hitch

Comment

this topic has been beaten to death with a board with a rusty nail in it..... there has been a string of "serious" posts on the boards lately, which i'm glad for. but really now... you are bringing up an ancient arguement that needs to stay buried. it's great that you are expressing your opinion though.

Comment

Or take it to the viper drift post, i started it and if you start a post that goes to 30 pages you get a free coilover setup from kei office!

PS rumors are fun

Comment

first off i just watched him on and compared to the japanese guys he sucked A.S.S. not to knock the american drifters but yea the majority of americans do suck, but its not your faults you gotta figure that the japanese have been doin this for the last 20 some odd years.... they have places where they can practice without worrying about cops and other traffic anytime (usually at night). so yea the americans do have alot of catching up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RZT w h i t e y
                  hell yea stop booing him whether it be from him being american or being better than you or driving a domestic car, or all three. if all of you are so much better, why didnt you go out there and try huh? ...lousy bunch of posers...thats what all you are...

but for those of us who were cheering him, more power to us. we will come out on top in the end
                  oh yea if forgot... im in japan and yea i dont have a D1 liscence... maybe when i get back

Comment

Give Millen a few months to get used to drifting on pavement and he'll be doing some serious stuff.

He's a super-skilled driver, American of not.

-MR

Comment

According to what's been said Rhys just got the car together before the D1 so he had almost no seat time. After a year of Formula D we'll see what the combination is capable of. Plus we've got Sam and his Viper. He was in contention with a privately-ran Supra. Just imagine what he'll be able to do with a Viper.

Comment

Honestly i dont see what advantage the viper will have over the Supra or a S13 for that mater.

My complain about the viper was mearly the cost it would take to run two of these things, compared to the cost most teams endure. Because i dont see how the viper is going to have some great advantage.

Comment

We know the Viper has a heavy V10, so this isn't exactly the greatest thing for handling, but it's been racing for years so Mopar knows how to get it to handle. Plus you know Sam has the skills to pilot it well. Disadvantages are weight distribution and power-to-weight ratio, but the Viper also has superior low-end torque and a wind-tunnel-tested aero package. With the right setup I have no doubt that it'll be a contender. It'll just take a while to get the setup right.

The Japanese have the advantage in light-weight cars with drivers that have been drifting for years, not to mention proven setups. The domestic guys will have to learn how to set up their cars, as well as hone their techniques.

As far as cost goes, the Viper is expensive, but with high profile sponsors like HKS, Apex'i and Blitz all having teams, you know those guys have a pretty healthy budget. The Viper may be an 80k car, but Nob's S15 isn't exaclty cheap.

In reality everybody should get behind the domestic guys that are out there. As more and more domestics start drifting, it'll grab the attention of the USDM aftermarket (Edelbrock, APC, Koni, etc) and we may see more American drift parts. This would mean quality parts that don't have the added cost of being shipped from overseas.

Comment

His S15 may not be cheap, But his entire team may be ran on 80 thousand dollars. (after all it doesnt cost money to strip a car, aside from labor) Thats nothing near the 160k starting point it takes just to buy two vipers for a team.

The viper actualy has a good weight distribution, something near 52/48 i believe, depending on model. And they do handle well. But sticking to the road and having good areodynamics has no effect on drifting, What drifting needs is light weight for the most part, make the car as agile as possible.

If anything the Mopar team has alot of challanges ahead. Not that thats a bad thing. But i honestly dont see what kind of advantage the viper will have over lets say a modified S15.

The vipers greatest so called (and indeed in most racing it is) advantage is its low end power. Massive low end power. Huge amounts of torque. But i dont see how thats an advantage once you have enough power to spins the wheels, you have enough power to spin the wheels. You cant really accelerate during a drift.

Of course Sam may indeed be right at home. When you think about it, His Supra probably had alot (relatively speaking) of low end power, with its 3 liter engine, And weighs roughly the same as a viper. That will be his advantage. its not like he went from a 86 to a viper we went from that Supra. with luck he will give them all a run for there money. I just dont see the viper having a huge advantage over the other cars.

Comment

US drifters are nowhere near the skill level of the top D1 drivers. But they are good considering the amount of time they've been drifting. Rhy is good, just slow...

The reason they didnt make Top 16...Japanese series, Japanese drivers, Japanese Judges, hmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X