Ca18det Legalness Of Doom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca18det Legalness Of Doom?

well since i know that the sr20det engine does not pass smog or isnt really legal in california (correct me if im wrong there), I was wondering if the CA18DET was the same way... Anybody know?
    sorry if this is a repost but i am sorta in a hurry so i did a brief search.

THANK YOU
    Last edited by S3AN; 04-19-2004, 10:15 PM.

ca18det made for the s13 chassis is the same way, not legal in california.

Comment

o..ok another let down v_v... o well, thank you for the reply

Comment

well i know there are plenty of people rockin sr20's so i wouldnt give up hope. It can be done.

Comment

It'll pass smog, if you got some benjamins. gah. I cant spell. But I cant say anything illegal.

Comment

Roony does playground kids and paster troy have something in common, like alterboys and preists.

Comment

or you can be like me and live in a county where you dont have to pass emissions...for now..

Comment

Does anyonwe know if u can pass w/ an SR20 or CA18 in Arizona??? Also, whaz a benjamin?

Comment

Benjamin is a $100 bill.

Comment

there are only two ways I know of, to rock the SR20 legally in AZ, now that I live here.

one: dont live in the Paradise Valley or greater Phoenix metro Area, or in Tucson. they are the only parts of the state that require emissions testing.

Two:
                    the other way is something I like to call the 'UTI Loophole' for those of you Unaware, UTI stands for Universal Technical Institute, their main campus is in south Phoenix. several students possess vehicles that wouldn't pass smog testing on the road if you hooked em up to electric cars and pulled them. i know of at least one kid that had a hatch 240 with a red top. sadly it was stolen back in february or march (most likely by another UTI student, one of the main reasons I dont drive it to school. I figure better for them to think I am lying about my car, than eyeballing it for parts). basically the loophole is this, The vehile is registered out of state, in the State of AZ, the only way to have an out of state (I.E. emission free state such as MN like me) regestration and liscense and live here for more than seven months is to be a full time out of state student. so unless you are a full time student from out of state, or you dont live in Phoenix. you have two years from when you smog your car to when you have to again... trust me, this is one of the biggest things we talk about at school...

Comment

Well I live in Anthem. lol, so I guess I can have an SR if I want right?

Comment

Working...
                      X