the new VW R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new VW R32

i read an article in the news paper about the VW R32. it has 240 hp and like 225 tq. what do u all think about it? i didnt really read into it though...like if it is FWD or anything. though i am sure it is. they say it compares with the STi and the Evo. lol. personally i would rather an Sti. but thats just me. so tell me if u guys know anything about it or what u guys think about it.

its 4wd. my friends dad got one, i got to drive it and it is hella sweet. very quick. i'm a gti fan so it was just natural for me to drive, 4wd is cool too.

Comment

yeah its the fastest golf, but its still twice as heavy as the old mk1 golf's so over the year its put on a bit too much weight, its a lardy car now. If you are thinking about buying one then I would hold off for the BMW 1-series, which is a direct competitor to the golf. and as usual its typical BMW RWD, a perfect hatchback for drifting. and it looks 10 times better than the golf.

Comment

Yeah, the new golf looks pretty cool, but did ya'll see that company in canada who takes the r32's and for around 30 grand i think it was will give it 550hp and close to that in torque. Their r32 holds the world record for 0-30 mph i think. it was like 1.3 seconds or something crazy like that. And according to the article it handles like a dream too. And it still looks like a stock golf. That would be a crazy sleeper.

Comment

I doubt 1.3 0-30 is a record.There is a lingenfelter corvette that does 0-60 in 1.7 or 1.9.

Comment

Hey, i just looked it up on the internet. The record is 1.01 set by them. Here is the website i found it at. Here we go

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
              Yeah, the new golf looks pretty cool, but did ya'll see that company in canada who takes the r32's and for around 30 grand i think it was will give it 550hp and close to that in torque. Their r32 holds the world record for 0-30 mph i think. it was like 1.3 seconds or something crazy like that. And according to the article it handles like a dream too. And it still looks like a stock golf. That would be a crazy sleeper.
              yep there's a shop here in surrey bc (close to vancouver for people who dont know) that did this one... they featutred this in the local paper.. i think it has a v6 or something in there, im not quite sure.. and i think one of their latest project cars is a vip-rt 4.. aka a srt4 neon w/ a viper front end and a viper engine i think.. i dont know how it would turn out though... i'll just have to see...

Comment

whoa, that sounds really wierd. the viper front end is wider than the neon isn't it? it seems like it would be. Well, i guess they wanna be different. I like their r32 though

-peace

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
                  Hey, i just looked it up on the internet. The record is 1.01 set by them. Here is the website i found it at. Here we go
                  That car came out years ago... But still, it's awsome!
                  Vounder if they'll make a new one now, with the new car and all..

Comment

My friend just bought one. he had an sti before and ill tell you that the sti is a better car. the r32 looks sic and is quick but just doesnt match the sti.

Comment

the front of the new golf looks terrible. Im sure an R32 version of this will look just as bad. The golf has lost its aggressiveness.

Comment

looks like the civic si....

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                          the front of the new golf looks terrible. Im sure an R32 version of this will look just as bad. The golf has lost its aggressiveness.
                          Have you seen it in real life?
                          They started to sell them here not too long ago, and there are quite a few around, and they actualy don't look as bad. I too thought it look'd horiboule on pix, but when I saw one in real life, it wasn't too bad!

Comment

Working...
                          X