truck drifting?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck drifting?!?!?!?

drifting in a truck is possible. even in a competitive environment. i was at drift/showoff in houston texas and saw this amazing feet with my own eyes. some good ol' boy was layin down some big slides in an el'camino. this thing had an open dif and an automatic. the course complimanted the driver well because it had two consecutive high speed hairpins. he would do crappy on the first one(left) but by the time he reached the exit he had enough speed to do a pendulum drop into the right handed hairpin and put the rear end totaly sideways. stab the throttle and feather in some counter steer and you got some fine diftin'. everybody was cheering. i'm shure the compeitoin was shocked at how well this guy did. he just embaressed all the sr5s and 240s. they all lay beaten, except a vette and a 325. the competition was fearce in the end. the guy bmw got nervious in the final rounds and spun it a couple times. so he was gone. all that was left was the vette and the monster. guess who won.

yes we know the elco won the houston drift event. and we know trucks can drift.

Comment

there's a vid in the pics and vid sections of a semi truck (without trailer) doin some pretty crazy drifts..

Comment

El camino ('the road' for our english speaking friends) BARELY counts as a truck, its a small car with a bed.

Remember good drift vehichle equals, light well balanced and low. Your dodge ram or whatever is not any of those.

Comment

Yes, its much lower than my 86 Ranger for instance. I'd never want to drift the Ranger in fear of rolling that beast.

Comment

thre is a skyline truck conversion in japan, so, the truck drift its a normal thing in japan

Comment

That is not truck drifting! and i think you are talking about the sil80 pickup, its just a sil80, with no hatch and instead some kind of metal linning to make a pickup bed, its not a truck,

Lets get it straight, a car with a bed isnt exactly "truck drifting"

get a full sized real truck and try to drift it, then get back to me.

Comment

an el camino isn't exactly a "small car" they were based off of chevelle or monte carlo platforms for years.... but unlike most trucks the elco has upper and lower control arms as well as coil springs..... oh and airshocks...

Comment

I thought it was a Caballero, not an El Camino? Hmmm I'm not sure (pretty much the same thing though). Yeah truck drifting is possible. Look for a purpose built Dodge drift truck comming out of connecticut pretty soon (Jeff Curtis's Shop).

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                    I thought it was a Caballero, not an El Camino? Hmmm I'm not sure (pretty much the same thing though). Yeah truck drifting is possible. Look for a purpose built Dodge drift truck comming out of connecticut pretty soon (Jeff Curtis's Shop).

Jeff Cutis u say DO you know the name of his shop or is jeff cutris shop and where in ct he mit be..See if i could stop over there..Thanks

Comment

i think that a truck with a good suspention setup and enough hp would be a good drifter. GM and signal completely changed the ballence of those cars by taking the weight off the rear end. i'll take a lowered ranger with stiff rear axle and drift it. if i had one!

Comment

WTF thats the stupidtist thing ive ever heard.

Comment

.......omg who cares if a f^cking el camino won the event no one cares that trucks can drift...a part of drifting is also style trucks and old pos cars have no style....
                          -Derek

Comment

That was about the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Comment

what is so stoupid about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X