Formula D ATL Official Standings and notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D ATL Official Standings and notes

Below are the listings and notes for the First Round of Formula D in Atlanta. For the first real competitive with all the main US drivers outside of CA this event was absolutely amazing. Many of the drivers I can say are on par or getting close to that of some of the D1 drivers. More info to come, but here you go:

1st: Samuel Hubinette Dodge Viper.
    2nd: Chris Forsberg Motorex 350Z
    3rd: Hiro Sumida Club 4AG by Drfit Association AE 86

Finals: In the finals, the Motorex 350 of Chris Forsberg and Sam Hubinette's Mopar Viper put each other to the wall more than once. Inches within each others bumper and smoke all over the track, it was what finals were made of. The judges and the crowd decided it was too close to call so they went "One More Time" and again pushed each others limits. By days end Sam walked away with the first event win, but the it was the crowd who were the real winners as they got to see ATL drift de-virginized in some of the greatest drfiting we have seen outside CA and soem will say ever.

Top Qualifier: Ken Gushi Team Rotora

Story of the Day: Andy Yen:

Taking his car to the limits team Autolink's Andy Yen lost a tire in qualifying #1. Everyone thought the day was over for him but he rushed down to the pits to have the great Autolink team repair the vehicle and come back out and qualify in the top 10

Judges: Tarzan Yamada, Ucchi Utsumi and Seigou Yamamoto added to the weekend excitement by keeping everyone on their toes. From Ucchi smashing a cake in Tarzan's face for his birthday to all three drivers performing demo's and crazy antics all weekend long. The judges said this was some of the most exciting drfiting they had seen

Best Tandem Drifting:

Alex Pfeiffer. Alex Pfeiffer almost took out Sam Hubinette in the first round of qualifying by making going not once but twice in tandem formation. Alex nopt only kept speed with the the Viper but took every opportunity to pass or nudge Sam out of the corners. Hubinette even got out of his car and excitingly told Alex how much he was pushing his car. I don't think anyone went away with a voice after this great battle. Many wished they would have met in latter rounds. This duo was too close to call, but the judges gave Sam the victory by the narrowest of margins. It is easily said that AF was defintely a crowd favorite.

Other:

Lots of teams and sponsors and drivers randomly gathered at a local watering hole afterwards and post-race debauchery occured. Without detail, I'm sure everyone has a story to tell

It was a great event and I think everyone is looking foward to Houston!!!!
Working...
X