Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2002 mustang gt, and I'd like to get into drifting. Anybody have any tips for an aspiring drifter? If so they'd be greatly appreciated. Anybody in the oklahoma area?

if you can find Import Racer's "Drifting" magazine, it has a good article on drifting domestics (more specifically mustangs)

Comment

I thought that article was pretty junk. To me it seemed like a parts plug for mustang suspension parts. I didt read anything of value. If you want to learn how to drift, first watch some vids so you can see how the cars move. Instead of watching the car itself, watch the wheels to see how drivers react to different situations. Then read about techniques so you have an idea of what to practice yourself. There are a few posts on these forums about techniques and they have links to websites that explain techniques. The last part will be actually doing it yourself. Sorry but you cant teach people how to drift over the Internet. Practice makes perfect. An open area with no barriers or something would be the best place to play around and practice. Good luck!

Comment

Wee

Empty parking lot at 1 in the morning, try practicing like that. Imagine the curves as you begin the slide and try to turn the wheel as though the curve was actually there. This helped me improve alot when I first got my car.

Comment

Thanx for the help.

Comment

lol, yea, i never actually read the article, i saw the mustang and flipped back to the 86's, lol

Comment

Working...
            X