Just bought 90' FC gxl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 90' FC gxl

i just bought this car no more than two days ago. ive been wanting a manual hard top fc for some time now but theyre so hard to find in so cal, only convertables =\ anyway, i want to fix this car up and see what i could to with it. i live in a neighborhood full of ricers and draggers and im so annoyed by it... again, this is a 90 fc gxl automatic. i wanted to know if there are any limitations with an automatic and if i could fix it up as good as any manual to drift with for fun, ive done so with my stock 91 4 door accord... anyone have any suggestions? i could use some help, since im a complete nooby and dont know very much about cars. this is where i want to start
    Last edited by ramtookrazy; 04-28-2004, 09:44 AM.

You can drift in an auto just takes twice the effort.My advise if you want to learn about your 7, join some 7 forums, rx7club.com or nopistons.com are good ones. Also get bot a Hayes or a Chiltons manual. Here's an auto to manual swap write-up if you plan on going to 5 speed.
    http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?threadid=201102

Comment

Since when was a 5spd FC hard to find around here???

Comment

you must live around Paradise Valley. Am I Right?

Comment

lol in san diego i can only find convertable 5spd fc's =\ and the hatchbacks are either in too bad a condition for me to work with or theyre just so far from me. more closer to the la area. i dunno why but ive been looking for the gxl model more than any other. i thought there was a difference between that and the others. is there? and no, i live in city heights, which i dunno how far from paradise valley it is lol. but is there anything wrong with modding an automatic fc?

Comment

Working...
          X