Should I bring the Camaro out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I bring the Camaro out??

I auto-x and road race it. Maybe if I can find a semi local event I should give drifting a shot. Whatcha think?

That thing looks beastly! What are it's #'s? What other mods have been done to it?

Comment

I'd definatly reccomend giving it a shot, espically since it would seem that tires to you are not a big issue if you burn through a few of them =). Also are you the same todd from the auto x forums? i used to post on them when i was activley running auto x

Comment

drift the camaro. don't let others sway you against it if you really want to do it!

Comment

Yea, Im active on about 38 forums right now so I bet youve seen me around.

The car, its pretty much insane LS6 motor swap (z06), stage III heads, monster cam from hell, 625 lift, long tubes, off road pipe, custom 3" dual, 373 gears, performance airlid, functional bottom feed ram air, lsx composite intake manifold ported, fully built bottom end...oh yea, 150 shot of the laughing gas when its needed.

Eibach prototype sway bars, baer GT+, eibach pro kit, KYB 8 way adjustable shocks/struts

18x10 2 piece forged wheels with 285-35-18 Falken FK451

and ALL sorts of things I cant remember

Comment

Not to jack your thread, but on a related issue, has anybody seen Mr2 turbos drifting? I was curious as to how that midengine works out. Since I trashed my Jetta and I'm suddenly feeling lazy about doing a SR swap, I'll probably get one. Driftings not my main concern, but I was curious.

Comment

Definitley bring it out. Revlimit and CrazyHawaiin have been drifting third-gen F-Bodies down in Hawaii's driftsession for a couple of years now, and I think V8 Bosozuko drifts his 5.0 from time to time. (I stick to togue cause I cant afford to buy new tires all the time or wreck the only car that I have). I am pretty well-read on drifting though so here's a couple of mods you may want to make if you haven't made 'em already.

1. EXTRA WHEELS--Get an extra set of rims to drift on so you don't damage your nice ones. Plus you'll be able to buy cheaper tires for a stock-size rim than for a bigger aftermarket rim.
              2. CHASSIS BRACING--It'd be a good idea to put some subframe connectors, strut tower braces, and a rollcage in if you haven't already.
              3. OIL PAN--An oil pan with baffles would prevent oil from sloshing away from the oil-pump pickup when you go sideways.
              4. SEAT&HELMET--Make sure you have a seat that firmly holds you in place. You don't wanna slip out of your seat. Plus a helmet will keep the brains in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                so here's a couple of mods you may want to make if you haven't made 'em already.

1. EXTRA WHEELS--Get an extra set of rims to drift on so you don't damage your nice ones. Plus you'll be able to buy cheaper tires for a stock-size rim than for a bigger aftermarket rim.
                2. CHASSIS BRACING--It'd be a good idea to put some subframe connectors, strut tower braces, and a rollcage in if you haven't already.
                3. OIL PAN--An oil pan with baffles would prevent oil from sloshing away from the oil-pump pickup when you go sideways.
                4. SEAT&HELMET--Make sure you have a seat that firmly holds you in place. You don't wanna slip out of your seat. Plus a helmet will keep the brains in the right place.
                I have more wheels than...well just about anyone. Lookie where I work.
                No cage, yet..but I have kenny brown SFC's, and a strut tower brace.
                deep, baffled oilpan..check.
                Seat and brain bucket...check

I may head up to N Arizona and see what its about. Between my mods, and the little bit of drifting I did in long sweepers in auto-x...they pretty much kicked me out, so Its really my next step.

Comment

I dunno how close you are to Cali but you may be close enough to attend one of Club4ag's events, or some of the events in TX. It'd be sweet if you could bring your Camaro on the Power Tour and let HotRod in on the drifting craze.

Comment

Hell yeah. Bust it out.

Comment

Definitely bring that car out!!! It would be cool to see some different cars at events... drift events are usually packed with S-Chassis and AE86's...

hey CrazyHawaiian... are you the 808 domestic drifter that I keep seeing in the driftsession pics? Much props if you are!!!

Comment

Your car, is exactly what the drifting scene in AMERICA is missing.

Comment

Do it. Tons o' torque, RWD, and it doesn't snap oversteer like a fox chassis mustang.
                          Last edited by el_jefe; 04-30-2004, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Yo, Todd! I live in Anthem, AZ so its pretty close 2 u. They are thinking about bringing out AZ Drift Days. I think its like www.azdrift.com or www.azdriftdays.com Do you guys keep the car down here in AZ?

Comment

DO IT!!!

that would be awesome to see that thing slide around the track....totally do it...

Comment

Working...
                              X