eight six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eight six

my uncle says he'd sell me his eight six for $2000, but its not a hb, its a coupe. is the weight dist. the same? can I drift as well in a coupe as if it wer a hatch.

yes and no

i have a 240sx hatch but i have driven a 240sx coupe and it feels a lil stiffer so im thinking it should be the same way in the hachi... but ask obe of the hachi drifters hope it helps!

Comment

If you're a good driver it won't matter if you have a coupe or liftback. Anyways, coupes naturually step out easier than liftbacks in the AE86 world... so you'll be find with that coupe... just get it already and start sliding.

Comment

^less weight in 86 coupe too

Comment

40 lb difference isn't much. Coupes are slightly stiffer though. To me, coupe and liftback = no difference. They're both rwd corollas.

Comment

If he's gonna sell it to you for 2k and it's a GTS, jump all over it. I got a coupe and I love it. Hatches are sweet too but they are more expensive due to the ID craze. Nothing wrong with ID at all, I love it but it hasn't done good for the 86's. Just makes em expensive.

Oh and OKI Jap man. I think I love your Avatar. Awesome.

Nice name by the way.

Comment

Yo man, like Duluth said, buy it if its a GT-S. Oh, and heres a lil' secret: the coupes have better weight dist. than the hatches.

Comment

i'd coupe or a liftback...like mk2_gti said "they're both rwd corollas" and that's pretty much it...if it's a gts get it...it's hard to find a nice GTS now-a-days at a decent price. eveerybody is selling there's for like 4k and 5k now because of INITIAL-d...frekain ghey, that's why i'ma havin a hard time finding a coupe or a hatch. imo coupe's are sexier...but hatches jus got the Initial-D look so yeah...

Comment

well i decided not to get it...i really want a hatch...and its not a gt-s so yeah...i talked it over with some of my friends and 250k of milage is a lot...my girlfriend's brother lives in japan and he says he can probably get me one there if i pay for all the shipping and everything...and that'll be cool...and it does suck that inital-d made the car hella hard to get...i've liked it since my cousin had his when i was 5...and now because of a cartoon i cant get one of my own...sucks...oh well, inital-d is still a cool *Censored**Censored**Censored* show

Comment

Hey Ghost, good luck legalizing your Japanese 86. Sorry for the harshness of my words, but importing an 86 from japan is a terrible idea. It will be WAY too expensive.

Comment

but do you know how freakin cool it would be to have a jspec 86? no i didnt say jay dee em.

Comment

you know the u.s. has a 20 year law on importing cars, if you wait till 2006 you could save a whole lot of hassle and import one without dealing with the emmissions stuff

Comment

U shure bout that law? Cuz if its tru then u can buy an 84 hachi-roku (i think they made them in 84).

Comment

I know it'll be hard to get one now...but with the 20 year thing it'll work out...my girlfriend's brother lives in japan and I also have an aunt who lives there...hopefully they can find one tho...its probably just as hard to find one there as it is here with the drifting craze...and guess what...my girlfriend wants an eight six too, and she wants to drift as well...how cool is she?..now the hard part is finding 2 eights sixes...=\

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
                              you know the u.s. has a 20 year law on importing cars, if you wait till 2006 you could save a whole lot of hassle and import one without dealing with the emmissions stuff
                              that may be true... but very soon they may setting a fixed year and getting rid of that rolling year emissions sh|t.
                              http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=977
                              read that. my auto body teacher wrote it. he knows a lot of sh|t about a lot of sh|t.

Comment

Working...
                              X