ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mopar's Hubinette (Laguna Seca Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar's Hubinette (Laguna Seca Invitational)

MOPAR'S HUBINETTE TO PARTICIPATE IN LAGUNA SECA INVITATIONAL
    Veteran Drifter Eyes $10,000-to-Win International Drifting Shoot-Out

Center Line, Mich. - Coming off a triumphant win in the inaugural Formula D event at Road Atlanta, Mopar's Samuel Hubinette and the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe will move to the left coast and Laguna Seca Raceway this weekend, April 30-May 2. Hubinette, one of six drivers invited to participate, will compete in the $10,000 winner-take-all International Drifting Shoot-Out to be held during the Road & Track U.S. Sports Car Invitational.

Hubinette, who is considered one of the best drift drivers in the world, entertained fans, media and judges with a display of agility and speed throughout the Drift Atlanta event. The veteran drifter is hoping that he can enthrall the Laguna Seca crowd as well, bringing a new level of awareness to the Formula D Championship.

"We want to go to Laguna Seca and put on a great show for the fans," Hubinette said. "Drifting is all about entertaining the audience. If we can show the audience what drifting is all about, we can get more people interested in our new sport. We have to entertain the fans and make sure they leave thinking they'd like to come back to another event."

Entertaining the fans won't be a problem for Hubinette and the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe, a 520+ horsepower machine with swift maneuverability that simply commands attention. Hubinette notes that he learned a great deal from the first event, as Road Atlanta marked his first experience in the Viper.

"The Dodge Viper Competition Coupe is just a great machine," Hubinette said. "I am really comfortable with the car after Atlanta. It is extremely agile and responsive, and I feel I can put on an entertaining display of car control and showmanship during the Laguna Seca event."

Fans will have no trouble picking the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe out of a crowd during the drifting participant parade. Hubinette and company will wind their way from the Laguna Seca course to Club Octane, in downtown Monterey, for a meet and greet party with the fans on Friday, April 30.

"I'm hoping they'll let us have some fun and pull some tricks," Hubinette said, always looking for an opportunity to promote the sport. "It would be great for the fans!"

Wonder if he's gonna try to drift the corkscrew?

Comment

when they mean international do they mean U.S.A. and Japan, or U.S.A., Japan, Brazil, Korea, England, Australia, and other countries that house Professional Drifters?

Comment

Just another false claim man. I bet people in other countries probably dont even know about this event or have a chance at attending. I'm getting used to this stuff already. Another false claim ... Is Sam really one of the best in the world? Never seen him win any D1's ... ever. He's a good driver, but one of the best in the world is stretching it a little too far if you ask me.

Comment

well, he did win the first Formula D this year...guess that helps qualify him as one of the best doesn't it?

Comment

theres hundreds better in the land of the rising sun

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
              Just another false claim man. I bet people in other countries probably dont even know about this event or have a chance at attending. I'm getting used to this stuff already. Another false claim ... Is Sam really one of the best in the world? Never seen him win any D1's ... ever. He's a good driver, but one of the best in the world is stretching it a little too far if you ask me.
              International came from the original idea that there was going to be 10 japanese drivers and 10 american drivers. however there is a D1 event in a few days so only 1 japanese driver could come. Lorin even told them so.

That said the American drifters did great. Sam, best in the world? he maybe be close. He did awesome. I will try to get some video of the event up for you. If he did this well im sure he would of came in 4th or so in the D1 in feburary.

But you are very very Right, calling "international" is just an empty claim. besides even if it was japan vs america, wouldnt that just make it intranational, being between two nations.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                theres hundreds better in the land of the rising sun

Comment

Mastered it

I totaly mastered Laguna Seca in GT2. it took me for ever to do lol but I did it. and I am starting to drift the 240sx on the Laguna Seca course. yea I know what your thinking you cant drift in Gran Turismo 2 well you can with the right car and right settings and no I am not giving any one my settings.

Comment

i jus watched some action with Sam taking on many of the other drivers in the laguna seca shootout. Although he is good, i think hes a lil dirty. He has no consideration for the other driver in terms of giving them space on the track. He just forces his big beast in and boxes everyone else out into the grass. I didnt like it.

Comment

I can't wait till Ross Petty starts entering Formula D in the RP FD.

Comment

sam? the best in the world? that is the funniest thing ive heard in a long time. he is far far faaar from the best in the world. theres plenty in the us thats better than he is. and tahts just the us. in japan, there are thousands better.

Comment

Thousands better? i highly doubt that. Theres probably only a few thousand real drifters in the united states. By real drifter i mean guys who own a car they put sideways with some skill regularly.

Comment

no thousands better in japan. theres even a lot of people that are good in the rest of the world we dont even know about.

australia, china, korea, england.. they all have people who drift.

in the states, theres a lot better than him. i watched the video of him at formula d. absolutely hated the way he drifted.

Comment

Hmm there should be some kind of competition to deside these things. Who knows it could be called a professional drifitng competition.

Sam is hardly the best in the world, but hes damn good, saw him with my own eyes. Hes improved ALOT sence the D1.

Comment

Working...
                              X