Tiburon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiburon

Ok is the tiburon a good car to drift with... any pics... the tsucani or w.e its called has a v6 or an inline 6 not sure... can u swap an engine for the tirbron were can i get a engine and turbo... pics please

I think the Tiburon is FWD. Which means it is not good for drifting.
    You can still have a good time with it but if it is FWD than it is not a good drift car.

Comment

Yeah it's front wheel drive. You can swap any motor you want in it, or you can put any turbo you want it. Just don't blame me if your motor blows.

Comment

A friend of mine has one and tired to drift, under moderate speeds. It was a fight to get it to oversteer and when it did it would rip right back.

Comment

what is MR?

Comment

MR is mid-rear drive (engine over the rear tires)

Comment

Re: Tiburon

Originally posted by pure_drift
              Ok is the tiburon a good car to drift with... any pics... the tsucani or w.e its called has a v6 or an inline 6 not sure... can u swap an engine for the tirbron were can i get a engine and turbo... pics please
              Someones has been playing Need for Speed Underground too much....

Comment

Re: Re: Tiburon

Originally posted by S3AN
                Someones has been playing Need for Speed Underground too much....
                OMG that game is crap its nice to look at but by god its physics are rubish even for a arcade game

but more on-topic its would be poor choice to go with a tiburon ff's can only go so far FR's MR's and even some 4WD's are far better

Comment

no, it is not a good drift car, anything FWD is not good for drifting.

Comment

a few thigns about the tib.

overall it is a decent car, however not a great "drifter".. sure you can yank the e-brake and drag it around, but it's not really drifting.

with the V6 engine, they're having problems getting it over 220hp.. the problem is they're pushing their v6 about as far as they can already, and even boosted, it's having troubles going any higher than that.. the i4 has higher Hp potential (the beta2 that was based off the 4g63 and is found in the 98-02 tibby)..

it was rumered that you could find one or two kits out there (big bucks) to convert it to the AWD rally edition, however nobody could ever provide pics/proof.. so meh.. whatever

Comment

they do have a WRC team but so do Pug and none of there cars are 4wd

but ive seen convertions on ford puma's using cossie parts but it would be cheap to just get the cossie

Comment

If you want to fillet your fish...

The 4G63T will fit in and (depending on who you talk to) bolt up to the mounts. You could use an EVO 4G or one from an AWD DSM and build yourself a transmission tunnel and incorporate a rear differential.

However, if you're asking questions like this one, I doubt that there would be the know-how to do such a large conversion.

-MR

Comment

sorrry to disturb your conversation, but im looking for all information about a swap for a tib 2003.

Im just a amateur, for now, and i would appreciate if you could help me.

how?

Kindda easy, I guess that a 4G63T is a model of a motor, but what was his first "destination"

thanks

if you have other swap who could possibly work please let me know...

Last question, what do you check to know if a motor can be swap in another vehicule?

Do you have a nice web site who's listing some swap actually working on a tib?

Comment

PM me

That's this button that you'll see below my message

-MR
                            Last edited by mranlet; 05-18-2004, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I have a 2005 i like it alot eventhough its a FWD. i know its not going to be going sideways much but whatever. ive been looking for parts and ive found that there isnt much out there for the Tibs But why?? Anyone have any idea why part makers seem to hate it so much?

Comment

Working...
                              X