FC steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC steering

With the FC3S, does it have strong understeer like the S13, neutral or (doubtfully) oversteering? I would assume with its light weight and low power like hachi-roku, it would have a little understeer, so what is the verdict?

Its a pretty neutral car from what I understand. Maybe a little natural tendency for oversteer since its rwd.

Comment

I figured as much, the FC has prety good balance, much like S14, I'll have to try it out once I get the car

Comment

low power?
        what model fc is that the one with a mouse in a wheel?
        Just kidding, but seriously,
        rx7 are pretty zippy my man.

Comment

re

most cars come with mild understeer from the factory
          because their designed that way to make it safer for
          the every day driver. whatever the case, if u want
          more over steer just tighten up the rear (thicker)
          sway bar or loosen up the front (thinner) sway bar.

Comment

umm FC's really aren't comparable to 86's. they're a lot heavier and at the same time have lots of power in the GXL's let alone the Turbo II's. but ya FC's are great drift machines. even stock they're good on touges.

It should be neutral. not totally sure sicne i've only ridden in one, not driven one. somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

dude, FC's rock. mild understeer from factory, VERY fun to drive and definatly notunderpowered even in N/A form. FC's destroy on 240's and the like!

here's a few pics of mine and my freinds drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by VRT_driftaholic
                dude, FC's rock. mild understeer from factory, VERY fun to drive and definatly notunderpowered even in N/A form. FC's destroy on 240's and the like!

here's a few pics of mine and my freinds drifting.

NICE!

Comment

check out the vids from the events....

http://www.friscomix.com/Video/TUUCA...T_TRAILER1.avi

http://www.friscomix.com/Video/TUUCA...T_TRAILER2.wmv

I am the blue FC, my boy J-Rat is te white one, and the white one with the big front mount is Chris' baby.

ps. the incar in the seccond one is me
                  Last edited by VRT_driftaholic; 05-02-2004, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Not neutral, not over, and not under. More like dynamic. You have to deal with the DTSS, or 4-wheel steering, that kicks in right before the oversteer point.

Comment

Cool, thanks for all of your info ppls. Not to be stiff but, I wasn't really trying to compare the FC to the 86, I don't think there is another car out there like the FC. It's a very good car and yes, stock on it is wonderful. I'ts going to be my first drift car and I know its a little advanced but, I think the challenge will enduce some awsome results.

I figured the GTU's might of been underpowered only based on the specs from Mazda on the year im looking at but, from what I've read its more than enough to get that car doing it.

Since the car acts more on its own, I think it will be an awsome, yet very hard, car to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                        Not neutral, not over, and not under. More like dynamic. You have to deal with the DTSS, or 4-wheel steering, that kicks in right before the oversteer point.
                        you have to get the rear steer elim. kit form mazda best $75.00 you'll spend on the car for drifting

Comment

Working...
                        X