ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for a first, cheap drift car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for a first, cheap drift car.

Alright, my friend has aquired a 1987 Mitsubishi Starion ESi and we plan on turning it into a drift car. It has decent torque and power to start out with for a 4-banger, and I personally like it. Even stock, it will break the rear tires loose and step out the rear end somewhat. Of course, there are a few repairs we need to do to it, but after that, we plan on tuning it for drifting. What do you all think about this car? It's cheap and if it gets messed up its not a big deal.

Lucky, those things are super rare.

Comment

Yea, I can only recall seeing two in this whole area, counting his. And I scratched back there, it's actually a 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi, but it's the same thing, just rebadged.

Comment

uh, yeah...
        no big deal if you dent up a chevette, but i haven't ever even seen a conquest/starion up close.

Comment

ummm....i think the starion/conquests were I6, or am i thinking of something else?

Comment

No, they are I4, i think it is a 2.6L turbocharged I4 though(I know it's turbo, not sure about the displacement)

Comment

2.3 liter, heavy car, good one though, i say take it

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                uh, yeah...
                no big deal if you dent up a chevette, but i haven't ever even seen a conquest/starion up close.
                drive by my house, A guy has a red one sitting in his front yard.

Comment

In a few months, send me your body panels and I'll make you Fiberglass ones!

You don't want to ruin the beautiful retro metalwork by smashing it into a wall - the mechanicals can be replaced...

If you ever want to do a motor swap, the 4G63T bolts to the transmission and (depending on who you ask) requires only a couple dozen man hours to drop and drive.

Star/Quests are so hot...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                    uh, yeah...

Changing the subject just slightly... Soultron.. i saw a chevette the other day, there pretty cool looking actualy, i wonder why they arent more popular, just period. If you could write up maybe a small post with general information on them, years, weights, maybe blue book price, common swaps or mods ect.. i would love to read it.

Comment

Here's an article for you: because they always break everything!

They were advertised as coming with paint and a steering wheel...

58hp RWD, near 50/50 dist., 2100 lbs

$50 resale value

-MR

Comment

lol... to the point.. i like that

Comment

wow, I feel hella young...what does the car look like?

Comment

Are you talking about the Conquest or what?

Comment

Starions are pretty rare, I wouldn't wanna mess one up drifting.
                              I'm really interested in seeing how Soultron's drifting Chevette turns out. Might actually be the one drift car I could actually afford.

Btw is the 4G63T the Lancer Evolution motor?

Comment

Working...
                              X