GTO drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTO drift car

beeing prepared..., actually its a holden (same thing though)

Too bad they don't come stock TT style and about 500lbs lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDrift
      Too bad they don't come stock TT style and about 500lbs lighter.
      its not that heavy, when compared to its size/class of vehicle.

Comment

3890lbs is heavy

Period.

hell 3200 lbs is heavy for a drift car.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          3890lbs is heavy

Period.

hell 3200 lbs is heavy for a drift car.
          monaro weighs, 36xx, the GTO weighs 3725 with the heavy brace for the fuel tank,

unless you are talking with driver , full tank etc...

Comment

then pontiac is lieing to us about its weight. everyone else, including pontiac says it weighs near 3900 lbs dry.
            Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-02-2004, 09:39 PM.

Comment

then dodge is lieing to us about its weight.
              whos dodge ? not the company dodge? (sorry im a noob)

Comment

sorry pontiac.. i saw the viper drift yesterday and its still on my mind.

Comment

sorry pontiac.. i saw the viper drift yesterday and its still on my mind.
                  yeah, the viper is pretty awesome at drifting, heck its pretty awesome at anything really ...

how did the GTO do ? did it make the finals ?

Comment

came in second place.. he did awesome! Rhys Millen has gotten over any problems he had at the D1 trying to get used to the car.

He drove it with skill and strategy, using his disadvantage of size and weight as an advantage, aproching the hairpin slow to throw off any weight transfer techniques the lighter cars would use, then power threw it heavy, forcing the following car to drive like him, but with out a GTO.

then on the other runs he did excellent matching more manuverable cars drift for drift. Excellent and well drifted. Rhys showed why hes a pro.

Comment

Rhys GTO must be lighter than fctory though.. 33xx-34xx lbs ?

Comment

well he him self says they took 800 lbs off it. Thats where i got the 3900 lbs quote, he mentions it, as well as me having seen it in publications once or twice. so he says its about 3000 lbs

Comment

maybe they're exaggerating a bit..

the holden V-car aint a bad drifter, and actually one of its praised features is it controllablity at the limits.

even stock it does alright, here are a few small vids of a monaro beeing tested by some rags.

looks like drifting to me,.
                          monaro2.mpeg (900k)

monaro1.mpeg (600k)

monaro.mpeg (3mb)

Comment

I dont know what the monaro comes with, options wise.. but the GTO is being market to old guys who never had the balls to buy a GTO when they were young. And old people need AC and cruise control and soft seats, and the whole nine yards.. Also explains why it was so easy for them to shed 800 lbs (easy being a relative term.. for example try taking 800 lbs off a s13, aint 800 lbs worth of stuff thats not bolted in)

one reason im not a big new GTO fan, Its heavy and big for my taste. not a huge deal, but its that, they are claiming its a pure performance car, but they arent making it that way.. and it cost too much for the performance. 30 grand puts it in the price range of the Evo, and the evo will run circles around the poor GTO, even in a straight line. abit embarrassing for a muscle car

I'd love to see a stripped down version of the GTO, ring in under 3500 lbs, maybe a few more horses.

Comment

yeah, that looks like drifting to me.
                              yikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X