ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, what age do you have to be to drive a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what age do you have to be to drive a car?

Ok. here in Canada you have to be 16 to get your G1. There are people talking about that they are going to change the age to 18!!! Some people said that they heard it on the news!!! So after October2004 you have to be 18. MY bro is getting his G2 as we speak! So... he makes fun of me because I am 14 and will have to wait... is that 4 real or is a rumour???

I also heard that in the U.S.A you have to be 18!!!???

how about tokyo???

It is all because of the stupid Ricers from the fast and the furious and 2f 2f!!!!!! *Censored**Censored**Censored*s!!! Those 16 year olds are racing their civics and fuken crash they *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of them they get a b18c5 swap and think that they are all good with fuknen 500hp under their foot idiots!!!

Down here you need to be 15 to get your learners (drive with a parent) and 16 to get your regular drivers license.

Comment

15 for permit with strict limits like no passengers for a year or something and no night time driving
      16 for license in ca

Comment

Yeah, I heard Canada was going to 18, but I heard that a WHILE back so I figured it had already happened.

Comment

US - 15 permit, 16 license. There's always talk about raising the driving age, always by older people who is completely unaffected by the law if it passed. Still, I see no reason to raise it. An 18 year old will behave very similar to a 16 year old when they first start driving. Sure some may be a little more mature, but it doesn't make them better drivers. A friend of mine was very slow to get his license. He finally got it at age 21, lazy and no car anyways. He's driven on and off in the past for practice but never any real daily driving. He's a guy I'd consider a bad driver. He's ok and is getting better as he gains some experience, but he's just not that focused. He crosses the lines at regular intervals, he's cocky and stupid at times. He can't do more than one thing otherwise he gets distracted, cell phone and car usually means some sort of accident or near accident. It's funny but you really wouldn't want to drive with him. He's more accident prone than most 16 year olds. At least 16 year olds are usually shared out of their minds that they'll do something wrong. When you get older, you start to care less.

Oh well, enough talking. If your thing passes, I feel sorry for you. It means 2 more years of no freedom. I'm thinking it's more of just talk. The nice things about politics is that it's really really slow. If they talk about something one year, it will be quite a few years down the line before anything happens.

Comment

hey

In cali its you have two be 18 if you were born after 1990.

Comment

Haha, I mean you poor guys lol.

Comment

in BC canada u get ur learners at 16 for 2 years i think ,thats driving with a parent then after ur L u get an N where u drive alone but can only have 1 friend in the car plus ur imidiate family wich kinda blows cause u cant drive ur friends around but u can still drift well as long as its before midnight

luckily i got my lisence a year ago before these changes so with my N the only differance from your full is having an N on the back of ur car.

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan
                  15 for permit with strict limits like no passengers for a year or something and no night time driving
                  16 for license in ca
                  I verys by state to state down here. But in California you need to be 15 and a half to get a learners permit. Which alows you to drive with your parent or something.

At 16 you can try to get your license, however these days they put alot of restrictions on them like you cant drive with any one else whos not a licensed driver over 25 for the first 6 months. And You cant drive between midnight and 5am for a year. and other BS like that. They only use those laws to throw the book at you if they want to get you on other things. Its stupid, but the restriction is based on time you've had it not age, i got my license at 17, and really didnt get it unrestricted until i was 18, and these days they are constantly adding more restrictions and changing existing ones.

Comment

You can't forget about my homeland, New York City, where you have to be a whopping 18 years old, no matter what year you were born, in order to even think about getting your drivers license.

THE BIG APPLE BABY!

-Dave

Comment

Your tax dollars at work. Isn't America great?

Comment

In Montana, you can get your full license at 15. You can get your permit at 14 1/2. Insurance is pretty expensive at this age though. =)

Comment

Down in Hawaii it used to be 15 for permit and 16 for license. Now 15 is permit and then you have to take a driver education course and then you are eligible to get your license at 16. Or was it 17...oh well don't really matter to me since I got my license already

Comment

www.driversed.com
                            that should solve all your age problems just go to the take test part,put in your name and it has a list of all the states and whatnot and the official ages and stuff you need to get your permit and licence

Comment

YAYUH!

Originally posted by monkeymagic
                              In cali its you have two be 18 if you were born after 1990.
                              OMG if thats true...hahahahaha yesss yayuh! i was dec. 1st 89 lol...sweet...God wants be to be a drifter! lol yayuH! weeeee!

Comment

Working...
                              X