Emissions in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions in Hawaii

Hey for all yous in hawaii, is it legal to have a SR20 swap emissions wise? Thanx for the replies.

hum... i remember seeing a sr20 in an infinity. q45 or somthing and thats for a stock car.

dammit i aint in hawaii!

Comment

we dont have emission testing here...

Comment

like, at all? thats pretty amazing cause im from california and they test us up the but. we cant even fart without a cat. it sux here...but im moving to hawaii this summer and i was jus wondering if i should get a car and awap here or wait till i go there...any advice?

Comment

hey matto

hey matto were do you live in new jersey god the air there is so dirty if you breath it in you might get breast cancer.

Comment

i live in hawaii... hence the reason why i answerd... and why it says Location: Hawaii on my profile thing.

No, we have no testing at all. We have somthing called Recon here. If you modd your car your supposed to get this little sticker so the cops wont harass you, cost like $50 or so. But, passing Recon is hard in its self. Most people dont get it and cops dont care to much, unless you are driving like an idiot.

Comment

Hawaii doens't have smog restrictions, but you're not supposed to be running a transplanted SR20 engine anyways in Hawaii, since it didn't come with the car. btw, the vehicle reconstruction restrictions are only for Oahu since we're the only city population over 500,000; according to state law.

You're probably better off buying a 240 on the mainland, swapping an engine there, and shipping it to Hawaii. There's probably much more selection on the mainland and better access to engines than here in Hawaii. Also, there's not too many 240s for sale in Hawaii nowadays because drifting is a pretty big thing here.

Comment

If somebody wants a clean SR in Hawaii, send me a PM. Of if you want Subaru parts in Hawaii, I can help you out with that too.

Comment

Working...
                X