X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Funniest Pic EVER!! (so far)

It's true also
    Attached Files

I think it's stupid. I only have 1.146 litres, but you won't see me going slow. It's not all about displacement.

Comment

i saw that on a tee shirt once

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
        I think it's stupid. I only have 1.146 litres, but you won't see me going slow. It's not all about displacement.
        actually i have heard from numerous sources that calling a rotary a 1.2/1.3 is incorrect. supposedly that measurement is made while considering the rotary to be a two stroke, but really its more like a four, so it should be considered 2.4/2.6 which makes much more sense power-to-displacement wise. or something like that

Comment

I dont mean to flame, but i think that is really bad. I mean, i didnt even laugh..... And i bet the tiny displacement of a 13BT even with a slight boost increas will hammer most showroom V8's...

Comment

/\ Tru. Sport Compact Car calls them 2.2 and 2.6. It is 1.146 litres for the 12A though. Not 1.2

Just makes that shirt look dumb when you say 1.1 litres in my car can beat 3.0 litres in your car... And I know it's liers, I'm just in a nritish rally kinda mood.

Comment

Each rotor in a rotory engine has a power stroke once for every one rotation of the centric shaft, whereas in a 4-stroke piston engine, each piston has a power stroke ever 2 revolutions of the crankshaft. So a rotory engine is effectively equivalent to a piston engine of twice the size when considering the volume displaced during the power stroke for every rotation of the output shaft.

Comment

/\ Tru. Sport Compact Car calls them 2.2 and 2.6. It is 1.146 litres for the 12A though. Not 1.2
                ya guess what 1.146 rounded is... all displacements are rounded up. the 6 rounds the 4 to 5, 5 rounds up the one to two. in car terms its a 1.2

drz you are right

Comment

or u could say my old 1st gen rx7 1.3 liter 300 hp racing inspired engine straight from guam can own any muscle v8 bangn displacing bull crap..... rotary owns

Comment

and u also have to come to think that theres only 3 moving parts in the engine

Comment

me too...but im 1308cc...and trust me its a reel deel....ahaha but yeah its funny! pfff lol

Comment

Just makes that shirt look dumb when you say 1.1 litres in my car can beat 3.0 litres in your car... And I know it's liers, I'm just in a nritish rally kinda mood.
                        yeah thats true da reel displacement like the use of fuel its 2.6lt.. kinda weird that why i love RE...its like driving a 9.5k rpmīs skyline..pfff!!

Comment

wait my 4ag only has 1.6 liters =(

Comment

Gotta say though, that guy is tough. I mean it would take some courage to post that on a forum on which majority of members own sub-2L engines.... Namely Speaking SR20, 4AG and Rotary of course.
                            Last edited by Glenn; 05-07-2004, 06:52 AM.

Comment

i own a 2 liter L20b datsun engine in my 510. not sure exactly how many cc though, i think its a bit under true 2 liter.

Comment

Working...
                              X