ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D1 Grand Prix at Drift Showoff Miami (May 29, 2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Grand Prix at Drift Showoff Miami (May 29, 2004)

D1 Grand Prix at Drift Showoff Miami

D1 Grand Prix USA Announces U.S. Driver Search Series 2004 Round 1: Homestead Miami Raceway
    May 29, 2004 Homestead Miami Speedway- There will be the first of five driver search events scheduled this year. The purpose? To uncover the next big names in drifting from North America. This Miami event will be a joint effort with Drift Showoff on the same weekend and registration must be done at www.Driftshowoff.com. Drivers who place in the top 10 at this event may be invited to the qualification round of the D1 Grand Prix Driver Search Championship in December. The top drivers in the US D1 Grand Prix Drivers Search Championship Series will then compete against the top 10 drivers in the Japanese D1 Grand Prix Series in a US vs. Japan tournament, held at the same event in December at Irwindale Speedway.

Driver Search Miami Officials

Judges: Keichi “Drift King” Tsuchiya
    Ken “Nomuken” Nomura
    Guest Judges: Takahiro Ueno
    “Tarzan” Yamada
    Technical Announcer: Toshi Hayama

For Homestead Raceway Track informantion Click Here

Schedule: Event will run from 2-6 p.m.

The Course: Infield course at Homestead Miami Speedway

Hey, I have some questions...I registered for this event about a month ago and never got an info packet or anything. Anyway, I am signed up for both days of clinics. I sent a few emails and tried calling, but haven't gotten any replies. Needless to say, I have a few questions...

First off, the flyer says 11am to 6pm. You're saying 2 - 6pm...well, what time should I get there?

Second, does my 'crew' (girlfriend providing drinks and snacks ) have to purchase tickets? Or are the tickets just for a seat in the stands...I don't know.

Third, since i have never done an event like this before, do you suspect that 1 brand new set of tires should last the 2 clinics?

Forth, what are the drivers dress requirements? Long sleeves and pants or are short sleeves acceptable?

Hope you can get back to me!

Comment

and do you know wether the vancouver bc canada drift showoff is still happening? please tell me if it is.. pm me if you need to.

Comment

Wow this is great news. If the D1 Drivers Search teams up with DriftShowoff then there is a chance we can have a drivers search down here in Hawaii! Woohoo!

Comment

Im not positive if the Vancouver event has been cancelled...but its been downsized enough to keep our car, as well as the Falken team from going.

Comment

Originally posted by water
            Hey, I have some questions...I registered for this event about a month ago and never got an info packet or anything. Anyway, I am signed up for both days of clinics. I sent a few emails and tried calling, but haven't gotten any replies. Needless to say, I have a few questions...

First off, the flyer says 11am to 6pm. You're saying 2 - 6pm...well, what time should I get there?

Second, does my 'crew' (girlfriend providing drinks and snacks ) have to purchase tickets? Or are the tickets just for a seat in the stands...I don't know.

Third, since i have never done an event like this before, do you suspect that 1 brand new set of tires should last the 2 clinics?

Forth, what are the drivers dress requirements? Long sleeves and pants or are short sleeves acceptable?

Hope you can get back to me!
            for 2 days of hardcore sliding.. you should try to get an extra set, if not 2 extra sets, its gonna suck if you run out of tread before the event is over.

Comment

so, whos goin?

Comment

<---- going... got the 2 day thing... but i have NO CLUE what is going on, what time, where or anything!!!! i dont know if i need a special pass? or if i need to go to a different area.... and trust me ive looked online for this, NOTHING!@!!@$!@$ im soo fustrated. i know Funk from tampa is doing it as well... Techidemics said i could use their "garage" if i wanted do... im soo confused

Comment

This is directly from Mainstream Productions.

Drifters,

GET TO THE VENUE EARLY. registration begins at
                  7am, but I suggest you get there about 45 minutes prior to the gates opening at 7am.

Registration for drifting begins at 7am on the
                  backside of the raceway. I believe the street name is Palm Drive where the rear entrance is located.
                  Registration for drifters closes at 8:30. The
                  drifters will be broken into two groups and will alternate every 30 minutes between instructional and practice. This will start at 9am and will run through 1pm, giving you guys 2 hours for instructional and 2 hours of seat time prior to the D1 driver search.

The D1 driver search will take place on the
                  infield of the raceway from 1pm to 2pm. all drivers and vehicles will be moved from the "practice area paddock" to the infield, regardless of their participation in the D1 driver search. After the driver search is over, practice and instructional will resume until 5pm.

On sunday, practice and instructional program will begin at 8am and will run through 3pm. At 3pm the drift competition which should run until 5pm. at 5:30, along with the awards ceremony for the carshow, we will announce the winners from the Drift Showoff competition.

Third place winner of Drift Showoff will receive a four foot trophy.

Second place takes home $250.00 cash prize and a 5 foot trophy.

Winner of the Drift Showoff competition will win $500.00 cash prize and a six foot trophy, as well as a BOMEX full aero kit of their choice.

Comment

[i]Originally posted by Driftday

Winner of the Drift Showoff competition will win $500.00 cash prize and a six foot trophy, as well as a BOMEX full aero kit of their choice. [/B]
                    I believe Falken is giving a set of tires to the winner as well

Comment

Wow, cool prizes. Good luck to everyone entering the contest.

Comment

what falken guys are gonna be there? i have been the homestead and the infield is mostly lake! and there wouldn't be too good of a vantage point for spectators. i am excited though. i didn't know that nomuken, keiichi, and tarzan would be there! that is sweet. think they'll sign autographs? also, is koguchi gonna be there? he still drives for falken right? good luck guys and hope to seeya there!

Comment

hey, since i'm just a spectator, are the D1 pros gonna do exhibition runs?

BTW, heres the infield map.
                          Last edited by s0nny80y; 05-27-2004, 07:42 AM.

Comment

how much are the tickets at the gate, also i have a flyer that says 2 bucks off

Comment

Falken drivers

Seigo Yamamoto
                              Calvin Wan
                              JR Vaughn Gitten

Unfortunately, Koguchi will not be at this event at Homestead. Most of the D1 folks will sign autographs if they have time. If anyone wants all the D1 driver's autograph, please show up early. Keichi and Nomuken are scheduled to leave early on Saturday.

Most of the pre-registered drivers should have recieved an email with scheduling information.

For additional information, please visit www.DriftShowoff.com

Comment

Working...
                              X