Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy saying hello!

Hey just saying hi,

i have been reading the forums for a while and love what i see, im currently building a project drift car, series 1 mazda rx7 (i know i wanted to do something different)

its nearly ready just the suspension do to, problem is coil overs etc have to be custom

keep up the good work guys

hi, welcome to the boards. Do u have a pic of your lovely project ??

Comment

Howdy man!!! welcome and enjoy your stay.....hows australia?

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forums good to hear there's another rotary driver out there. anywho i hope you enjoy the boards. hope to see ya around

Comment

THANKS GUYS

Yeah i do have pics but im at work so i cant post them till l8er

i will give ya a few spec on it

1980 series 1 (lightest of them all)
          series 4 13B turbo motor (just re-built nice and strong 0kms on it)
          hi flow turbo
          front mount cooler (core size 600mm x 380mm + end tanks)
          huge fuel system
          Microtech programable computer
          4 point cage

looking at about 300 rear wheel hp

so just the suspension to go

as for howz australia not to bad, drift hasnt really taken off a great deal over here yet but it is slowly growing

Comment

Sweet, maybe I live in Australia too then cause Drifting hasn't really taken off where I am either. Wait, no, i'm in Knoxville Tennesucksalot. Darn, thought i'd be cool there for a second.

Welcome to the site. Car sounds mad. Give us the goods man, kick down the photos.

Comment

ok go to the link below and there a a couple of pics, they are about 6 months old so alot has changed, ie seat interior, engine etc

also dont worry i wount be drifting with the tyres that are on it, that will all be changed when i do the suspension, i will update the pics this tuesday when i have a day off

pics

Comment

Welcome

Nice to see some more aussies on the board

yeh drifting (imo) is close to non existent in australia, there's a few of us here that drift, well thats probably just in sydney, dont know how things are in the other states...

initial drift australia is probably one of the only groups that host events here in sydney... oh btw jus got back from the d-day at eastern creek i'll post pics soon...

Comment

hey mate yeah good to see, it will grow quickly once they get a few more event happening.

i live 10mins from the creek but i work every weekend, so i can never make it do any events, time for a job change

hey do ya know of any good aussie drift sites???

Comment

hmmm...the only ones i know of are initial drift and tailzonline

initial drift are the ones that organise the drift events over at eastern creek and oran park. whereas tailzonline is an online community based around the blacktown area, most of the members there are pretty car savvy and are into drifting.

Comment

cool thanks mate i will be sure to check them out

cheers

Comment

awsome workkk you have done!!! cheers!!... and welcome to tha drifting.com comunity...this is recaro from tha horny mofo´s d team....peacee

Comment

Welcome to drifting.com!

Your car sounds pretty nice, can't wait for pics.

Comment

hey, well there has been a small update on my site and a new pics are up, still have to photograph a few things in the comming weeks

http://users.bigpond.net.au/sevoon/

Comment

Working...
                            X