where do you drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you drift?

Hi, folks. I'm a freelance journalist who writes pretty regularly for a bunch of national publications. I've just started looking into drifting as a possible story idea, and I was hoping some of you might be willing to talk to me about it. My big questions: where do you drift? Organized events? Street competitions? How did you hear about it? How frequently do you do it?

That's pretty vague, I suppose, but as I say, I'm just getting started and know very little about the whole scene. Probably best to contact me offline, if you're interested, at jasontanz@mac.com. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for your time.
    Jason Tanz

I don't think anyone on here will give their locations of stress relief. Thats our personally secret if u know what i mean. But most us here attend to drift session which are scheduled once every month. I watch since I have a 1320 type of car.

Comment

I hear you. I don't need any sort of specific location. I guess I'm asking, more generally, do you mostly do this stuff on the streets, or in a more formal, organized atmosphere? If you want to take this offline, that's cool. I won't divulge any information you don't want me to divulge, I promise.

Comment

I personally don't want drifting to get too much media play. The more it is advertised as "cool", the more ricers will start getting into drifting, which is bad for the sport (like what happened to street racing). I think that is the mentallity of most drift drivers in america

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
          I personally don't want drifting to get too much media play. The more it is advertised as "cool", the more ricers will start getting into drifting, which is bad for the sport (like what happened to street racing). I think that is the mentallity of most drift drivers in america
          idunno. i mean drag racing started on back roads and now look at it. tons of parts for drag specific cars. and since companies always look for newer things to keep people interested, the next thing would be drifting. i'd like to have more parts available to me. so i support the idea of drifting going mainstream.

for me, i drift in big intersections and parking lots. theres also an event every month.

Comment

I'm with J-blood on this one. No media please ^^

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
              idunno. i mean drag racing started on back roads and now look at it. tons of parts for drag specific cars. and since companies always look for newer things to keep people interested, the next thing would be drifting. i'd like to have more parts available to me. so i support the idea of drifting going mainstream.

for me, i drift in big intersections and parking lots. theres also an event every month.
              If they make coilovers and tires for ur car, what else is there a need for?

It doesn't need to go mainstream, and shouldn't. There is a small community in drifting and i think it's better kept that way. How would u like to go out to ur local drift/grip road only to see over 1000 cars theres either trying to watch or trying to push their cars to the limit when they don't know how to even handle the car?

Comment

Working...
              X