ff drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ff drifting?

by definition, is ff "drifting" really drifting? just slam the e-brake and slide sideways without really spinning the tires, or is there a new teqnique(or what ever) i think its fun but not drifting.

Re: ff drifting?

Originally posted by Nissan_Racer
    by definition, is ff "drifting" really drifting? just slam the e-brake and slide sideways without really spinning the tires, or is there a new teqnique(or what ever) i think its fun but not drifting.
    well this is my opinion and just my opinion. if you're talking about drifting in the tradition sense... then NO. but some people will argue that point. true drifting is done with using the power of the car (which can only work in a FR configuration) not simply by using inertia as the FF guys do. so are they sliding sidewayz and having fun? sure. is it true drifting? no.

Comment

wow...suprised i didn't get burned for that post LOL. he he he.

Comment

IMHO:::: Drifting is using the power of the car to break the rear tires loose---------to then slide around

Comment

Re: Re: ff drifting?

Originally posted by JonnySlick
          ... (which can only work in a FR configuration) .
          you can use RR cars too... the mr2 is excellent for drifitng.

Comment

yah, but you know what he meant

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ff drifting?

Originally posted by pcbootleger
              you can use RR cars too... the mr2 is excellent for drifitng.
              right, i was comparing FF to FR though.

RR is a whole other story....you can drift those things too, but from what i hear it takes mad skillz to be good b/c they have so much inertia energy built into the rear when they start sliding due to the mass of the engine. i dunno' though, i've never been in one. i've seen vids of them drifting, but looks very hard (although cool ).

Comment

I'm probally one of the few people who drifts ff without the P-brake. But whats hard about it? Feinting and Braking drifts both are not drivechain dependent

Comment

they closest technique would be called left foot braking. It's the most relative to a "drift". They rest are just power slides

Comment

What makes you say that? What if you feint, using the cars weight as its thrown to the other side to initiate a drift?

Comment

Yea well think about your going to have to do to come out of it. It's not the same as the actual definiton which is what he is asking.

Comment

Well okay you all talk about what a "real" drift is. So what technique constitutes a "real" drift?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky_kiD
                          I'm probally one of the few people who drifts ff without the P-brake. But whats hard about it? Feinting and Braking drifts both are not drivechain dependent
                          sure, to initiate a drift that's not really powertrain dependent...but to hold it in the purest sense of the meaning of drift is dependent on that fact very much. you can only slide as far as your inertia will carry you in a FF setup.

basically you can get sideways but you can't hold it for the drift outside the bounderies of your inertia.

Comment

Well this is a very valid point, ff drifts are allmost entirely dependant on the amount of energy you have going into the drift. But then you could make the same argument for alot of styles of rwd drift. If your car is sideways, then you cannot push the car sideways more with the rear wheels, since they point opposed to the direction your going.
                            Edit: I think the most significant difference, and the point you tryed to get across, is that with rwd you dont have to lose any speed initiating the drift, whereas in ff, some speed must be lost with the scrubbing of the back tires

Comment

sowwi this is gonna sound dumb, what is a RR? i always thought it was a FR? i kno that sounds stupid but i aint eva heard of a RR,lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X