about the general forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the general forum

i don't see how it works....it is a general forum, shouldn't alot of general subjects be put in there? I mean the post for "Anybody play CS" got locked because it wasn't related to drifting, yet i've seen a number of postes not related to drifting, not get locked. Heck i think the post i made was somewhat related to drifting, or drifting.com atleast, some friendly competition over the internet on a counterstrike sever would be pretty cool i think. that's jus me, i believe that the general forum should allow ALL general topics, unless they will give Drifting.com a bad image...and i hardly see how CS gives the site a bad image...

If there are threads not related to drifitng use the "report to moderation" link and we will take care of it. However the general forum is for general drifting topics. Not any topic under the sun. It takes slightly more then a drifting.com member being there for it to count.

Just incase you think there is no rule saying this, lets look at this.

"General Chat
    All posts MUST be related to DRIFTING or they will be DELETED!"

And your thread was only locked. Remember we want it to be friendly but this IS drifting.com.

Comment

I think Weapon X just wanted to test his new power as a mod...ha, just playin..

But we really should get a off-topic forum.

Comment

He's a mod now??

Comment

Originally posted by WildSe7en
          I think Weapon X just wanted to test his new power as a mod...ha, just playin..

But we really should get a off-topic forum.
          Just so you know WeaponX acted on my request on that thread. Like i said earlier in another post the mods rarely act alone.

The idea of an off topic forum has been brought up several times. Just so you guys know its always something we are considering. There are alot of problems though with that. So its not a perfect solution. Best bet is to use AIM chat when you can to discuss random stuff. chatroom drifting.

Sugestions like that though, are always welcomed. The admins do alot for the site trying to keep things running and organized i know most of you dont speak with them or talk to them but they truely do just want to keep things running well and make the site a success and enjoyable.

Some guys complain about the merchandise. well If there is something you want them to carry ask, or something you dont think pertains to drifitng say so. Just be respectable about it and they will hear you.
          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-13-2004, 12:44 PM.

Comment

damn SS mods

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
              damn SS mods
              Steve. That's an inappropriate comment considering these moderators do a lot for the message boards that none of you will ever know. They do a very good job at moderating these boards so please don't post anymore comments such as this.

Comment

maybe you guys should open a mIRC channel or something. (just a suggestion) for general chat that is

Comment

man i hate mIRC... i always get hacked on there...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                    man i hate mIRC... i always get hacked on there...
                    Are you clicking links that hide extensions to backdoor torjan horses,or accept unknown files.If your behind a firewall,don't click unknow links or accept unknow files,your pretty safe.A lot of people that would/try to hack in mIRC are usually script-kiddies.

An mIRC channel would probably work better than AIM imo,because it allows more flexibility,fserves,etc.In mIRC there could be drift videos hosted by people,something you can't do in AIM.

Comment

nah i never clicked links... i got packeted... like my aqol would sign off by itself and crap... and id go back on and some guy would be like hahah i packeted you. and im like =| stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored*s. what is this about drift videos on mIRC now?

Comment

Well,in the chats there could be drift videos hosted on fserves,possibly XDDC.It could also be used to have promotions,etc.There's just so much more flexibility and options to work with in mIRC over AIM.With some planning,it could work out successfully.

Comment

i like our aim chats fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X