toyota supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyota supra

anyone got a good site to get info on all the supra's, or at each model year? im interested in buying one, trying to find out as much as possible.also, anyone owning a supra, your opinion on it compared to other cars you have owned? thanks a alot guys, -Brad

www.supraforums.com and dont forget to use their search button

Comment

www.socalsupras.com

Comment

i wonder why the newer supra's arent popular in professional level drifting... anyone have a reason why?

Comment

maybe weight?
          but skylines are eavy too...
          i duno

Comment

Who in thier right mind whould want to damage a rare vehicle. I personaly whould like to see alot more MKIII's. Thier cheap you can get a perfectly good turbo'd model for 2 to 3 thousand. Or get an N/A and throw in a turbo.

I love the MKIII supra seat best seat Ive ever planted my booty in.

The supra compared to sports cars i've driven, too heavy.

Comment

MK III is a lead-sled.

Take the 7M-GTE and drop it into a 5M MK II and you'll have yourself a 13-sec ride right out of the gate. I'm looking at buying a Mk II myself and will hopefully have it up and running (drifting) soon...

The Mk III and IV are both heavy and although they have good power, cars of that size can be more difficult to drift than smaller, more nimble cars. In the US, I believe that the majority of Supras are automatic as well, so there's one thing that you would have to change right away whereas in drag racing an auto becomes an advantage when you get into quicker and quicker 1/4 mile times.

I think the SC300 is about the closest thing to a Supra that will be a regular in amy big drifting leagues and even that is full of carbon-fiber replacement parts and even titanium bolts costing $12 a pop!

I hope this helps answer your question.

-MR

Comment

iam pretty shure stock supras run 13.3
                and rx-7 13.2

but i could really care less about 1/4 mile racing.
                TRACKS funner and so is drifting.

supras are rare but so are skylines, and they use skylines....

Comment

i just bought my wife a 1993 supra here it is....http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286893365

look thru the album....username allblacks14 password: civicracer

Comment

man... that supra is sweet... *drool* dont drift it... haha

Comment

good stuff. just a question allblacks14: what's your ethnicity?

Comment

The Supra was good to learn on. Emission can relate to the fact that you have to be very delicate when controlling the car on the edge, and the amount of precision you learn from the MA70 is really helpful when applied to other cars. Like my FC.

Comment

By "new" do you probably mean 1994+? Actually, there's one of the top U.S. drifters using a "new" supra! Anyway, like the Skyline, the Supra most likely is top heavy. I meant the front load is too heavy. Imo, by adding more weight to the rear and more performance parts it'd be able to drift really well. People make mistakes though and add too much hp and the car would become a drag queen.

Comment

The best drift supra i know is the GOODLINE one.. it was in my option video i got so scared wen it started spinning, when it went off intot he dirt cuz i thought it was going to be ruined. But it was safe. The car is almost too clean and perfect to be a drifter. The first time i saw it in my BM mag i thought it was just a show car. Then on my Option tape they were showing the G1. Then all the sudden i see this green flash coming down the lil straight at ebisu piercing the rain. OMG its that supra !!! It entered the drift a lil too fast and started heading into the dirt. I was thinking uh oh this cant be good. But it slowly came to a skidding stop in the dirt. No damage.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by MrodDrft; 05-17-2004, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Whoa! I've saw that car before on other sites, do you mind telling me which volume of option that supra is in? One time in one of those fancy auto magazine with the concept cars and porsches they had an article on drifting WAY before it hit big, it talked about the togezoku and it a pic of a MA70 on the touge in mid-drift

Comment

Working...
                              X