What about drifting in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about drifting in Canada?

i live in Canada on the west coast and i have no idea if there are any drift events over here. i have heard from some people that if track owners find that you are drifting then they kick you off the course . i am new to drifting and got interested in it by watching a clip on the net, some really awesome stuff here. i truly believe that drifting is the future. i don't have my own car yet but i hope to get one in the next year and a half, a 240sx probably a 89-94. if anyone knows about any drifting events on the west coast in canada please tell me, watching video clips is cool but the real thing must be better. thx.

You live in BC,why get a 240sx when you can have a Silvia or 180sx for nearly the same price? I believe the Drift Showoff is in Vancouver on the 19th of June,not sure if it's still going on though.

Comment

i haven't seen any Silvia's or 180sx's for sale on the buy and sell. not that i know much about nissan at all, if you know what other names they are called by please tell me! i am never around any cars used for drifting, i work at a detail shop with high end cars. mostly mercedes, bmw, porsche, and ferrari. i have driven all of them (911's, M5, M3, S 55, and even a ferrari 355 spyder) but they get boring. customers don't let you go too fast . i have never driven a 240sx and really want to get into a drift car. so if you could enlighten me about the nissan line that would be cool. thanks.

Comment

i really dont think u can get any silvias here in canada.......atleast not being imported.....

i dont know about the west coast........but on my side....(east coast) i can drift on track even when it's not even a drift day.......
        and also drift extreme will be coming in august too.....kinda excited.......gonna see kumakubo and tanaka in action.....

Comment

Are you sure about that? There are a few in Vancouver,I've seen some Hachis as well.you have to get them imported though

www.importconcern.ca

Buying from auction houses is much cheaper

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100009/

That's a little more expensive because of some work done/private sale/it has it's out of province inspection/they're trying to make more money off of it because it's an import,but that's a Silvia in Richmond,BC regardless.They're here,you just don't see them much yet.

For the most part,you can have a Silvia over in Canada for under $3000,this is good condtion too(no scratches,dings,rust,or collisions).There's also a ton of AE86's being sold as well,since most of these cars are dirt cheap in Japan,only a couple hundread bucks sometimes,it's very cheap to get them over here.You just have to pay the service fee.You can also look at the auction sheets as well to see for yourself.Imo,it is much more affordable to get a Silvia in Canada then a 240sx.All the 240sx's in the same condition or worse cost more money!!

Comment

Originally posted by HKS-NOB
            i really dont think u can get any silvias here in canada.......atleast not being imported.....

i dont know about the west coast........but on my side....(east coast) i can drift on track even when it's not even a drift day.......
            and also drift extreme will be coming in august too.....kinda excited.......gonna see kumakubo and tanaka in action.....
            Dont foreget Asamoto !

Comment

thx for the link, i will keep it in mind. 11k is more than i wanted to pay, i am trying to find something for around 6k cdn. thanks for the replies guys. do you know of any auction houses around here? i have never looked for any.

Comment

also i don't think i want a right side car, i am too use to the left side

Comment

Import concer has daily auction listings,you can also e-mail them for a specific car.You can get a Silvia for half of what your willing to pay.

Ever watch what Yasuyuki Kazama does? Try and do that on a LHD car.That's one of the advantages of a RHD car.But then there's the disadvantages such as never being able to use a drive thru properly,using toll booths and such.But if your drifting,that stuff probably doesn't really matter.Lastly,a 240sx will never be a Silvia.You can do all the conversions you want,but at the end of the day,its a 240,not a Silvia.It's totatlly up to you though.

Comment

Gaw! I hate you Canadia! I eat American bacon for breakfast, I run over beavers every chance I get and I like to eat Silver Maple leaves in my salad--simply out of disrespect. Well... not really. Anywho, www.hbtokyo.com exports cars out of Japan, too. But they haven't changed their site in like a year so I don't know if that's such a good idea. Just a thought.

Comment

well if i can get one at a good price then for sure i would get a silvia. hahah spock, well guess what, there are more drifting events in the us so i hate canada too . our government doesn't care about the west coast, it is all about the east coast.

Comment

Well actually,Southern Ontario aka anywhere around Toronto.(Driftnation DX with Signal Auto and Driftxtreme,D1 Drivers Search)

Comment

Canadiens: cant live with em', can't live without em'.

Comment

hey man what part of BC u from? im on the island in victoria and i am also new to this drifting to bad the car i drive isnt much of a drifter but owell its reliable

Comment

i am in vancouver . i have been thinking about how much i would spend on a car and i am going to have to say that feint is right, i shouldn't just buy what i can get right off the bat i should look for something good even if it costs a couple k more. that right side thing is still pretty funky tho, i have never drove a car like that, does it take long to get use to? are there any difficulties with driving them in the city?

Comment

Working...
                              X