ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want 50/50 wieght well i got the car for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want 50/50 wieght well i got the car for you!

has anyone seen someone drift a porsche 944? it has 50/50 wieght and has a turbo version.

i thought about gettin a 944 b4, but the parts and services are juz too much 4 my budget.

Comment

A Chevette has 51/49 weight distro...

it came in a "Monza" trim

-MR

Comment

Check DC. Here's a thread about it.

Porsche 924s,944s, and 968s!

Comment

the Datsun 510 2door sedan has a 50/50 weight!!

Comment

so do miata's and fc3s' and i think fd3s, but i'm not sure on that one....in truth there's alot of cars that come w/ 50/50 or close to it...it's jus all the stuff people put on their car's that throw it off..

Comment

A lot of aftermarket engine parts weigh considerably less than the OEM parts - replacing an Intake Plennium with an aluminum one can save you 20 lbs!

It's not hard to balance out a car even if it's weight is not near 50/50. My Legacy Wagon was something like 43/57 rear-biased (because I liked it that way) after extensive lightening and relocation of a lot of things. I must have taken somewhere around 200 or 250 lbs off the front of that car, which amounts to almost 10% of the total weight. I had a lighter intake plennium, lightweight fans and radiator, aluminum charge piping, aluminum FMIC (which weighed less than the stock top-mount piece), fiberglass hood, lightened bumper support and bumper, aluminum catch cans and so on.

Weight balance is just another issue of setting up a good car and is specific to the driver. Like just about any other element of a car, it can be tuned.

-MR

Comment

Is the 240z 50/50?

Comment

It's true that a 944 has a 50/50 weight distro, but it's because the car has the motor in the front and the tranny/diff in the rear, whereas a car like the FC/s2000 has 50/50 weight distro because of the engine/tranny being centrally located between the front and the rear wheels.... because of this the 944 has a high polar moment of inertia, ie, high grip but once it starts to rotate, it rotates very fast (think about twisting a ten pound dumbell in your hand, versus a ten pound bowling ball, the dumbell is much harder to control than the same weight centrally located), not that the 944 can't be used for a drift car.... remember kids, drifting is about style etc!, so you wanna drift a 944, go for it!
                  -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                  www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                    A Chevette has 51/49 weight distro...

it came in a "Monza" trim

-MR
                    Haha.. I was going to say I wonder if soultron had sniffed out this post yet? But I guess not.. He's always touting the weight dis. of chevettes.

Comment

rx-8s have 50/50

Comment

the best porsche drifting i have ever seen was when Keiichi Tsuchiya took the 911 996 GT3 and whipped it around a track in japan. i think it was winding way or something, i dont know. but he drifted that thing like it was nothing. and that has no where near a 50-50 balance.

Comment

My first car was actually a '86 Porsche 924. Not the same as the 944, but pretty close. I really dont trust that transaxle tranny design man. I didnt even race the car and it was getting ready to break. So I sold it! hahahaha

Comment

VW 50\50

That is nice and all but for ppl that can't afford a Pursch 944 there is the alternitiv which is a 85 VW golf. LoL
                            I have one and i use it for drifting, the waight on it has to be 50\50 or atleast very close to being equaly balanced.

Comment

50/50 weight distribution matters most when grip driving, but any difference can be partially overcome with proper spring rates, shock valving, proper alignment, horsepower and/or sway bar settings. AE86s don't have 50/50 weight distribution, nor do most S13s. (Especially with those big intercoolers hanging out under the front bumper) However, an AE86 (blue, well-driven, featured in GRM a little while back) placed very highly in SoloII competition despite a balance of roughly 60f/40r. It's all about suspension settings.

Dorifuta- You make me laugh. Not because you're funny, but because you're so wrong. '85 VW Golf is FWD, and has a weight distribution along the lines of 62f/38r... worse if you yanked the interior.

CH- The 924 was absolute and utter crap. The 944 is practically bulletproof and the 951s (Turbo 944s) can be modified to make ungodly amounts of power. Coupled with a nice suspension setup, they are absolute monsters on the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X