ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what brands are the best bang for your buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brands are the best bang for your buck?

like the subject says when you start moding your car what parts should you get from what companies? i know the bing names but what about the smaller names, are they any good or should i say away from them?

It depends on what you're getting - any crap company can make you a shift knob or air filter, but coilovers or turbo kits should be left to the companies that deserve to have their names ascosiated with the parts (and I don't mean "Turbonetics")...

-MR

Comment

yea if your goin for car accesories go w/ smaller names cause they're usually cheaper and can be crafted very well by a smal company. But when it comes to things that your car will DEPEND on...i.e. turbo, suspension, clutch, ect...the bigger names will always be better due to the fact that 1) they're a bigger name and bigger name means they've been around for alwhile and have good experience w/ the parts your asscociating with'em 2) bigger companies have more money to spend on better equipement to make parts 3)goin cheap on your car usually makes your ar cheap...in the end...(not in all cases i.e. $800 mix n' match turbo kit)...it's up to you, you decided what parts you want, and what parts you decide ar emore important than others. imo...i see no difference between a APR spoiler and a APC spoiler...the only real difference is the few hundred dollars in price. what's the use in gettin a sparco seat that can only fit a skinny person and a Top Speed seat that can hold the like of me...the rather large-at-waist people...(not saying sprco doesn't make seats for the large, but it's just an example) ....i think you should buy what will, inturn, help you more in the LONG RUN...not for a few days, or whatever, but 2 years down the rod, will be a part that you still have on your car???

Comment

APC

Comment

I disagree. I think that when you want to do a turbo, suspension, or whatever setup, you do some research instead of paying tons of money for a part just because it says "HKS"(Although I love HKS to death)

Here's an example. I work for a company that bottles pickles. We bottle for a large number of companies. Today, we bottled for Peter Piper. It's a really expensive pickle. Than we bottled for Aldi's and Cub foods(Generic cheap food store brands, I guess like a Red Lion) and it was the same product, but twice as much is going to be charged for the Peter Piper because it is name brand. This goes for parts companies as well. Spearcocould buy their intercoolers from the same place as a no name company, but they would charge twice as much.

I'm more for making your own turbo kit than buying a pre-made one.

Comment

Originally posted by enrique
            APC
            lol. you are a horrible liar

tein's prices have dropped a ton since theyre distributed in the US now.

if youre even halfway serious about you car. get quality parts. if buy crap then dont expect it to last.

Comment

Working...
            X