Price of JDM AE86's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of JDM AE86's

Since there are some Japanese people on this board, I was wondering how much the sharp-nose AE86's go for in american dollars. My friend might be going over there to buy a car and so he will have a container, and if the price is right, I'll sell my SR5 and get a JDM AE86.

I'm not living in Japan now,but frequently look at cars for sale in Japan.I see good condition ones go for a couple hundread bucks,if you look in the right places,you can get one cheaper in Japan then over here.

Comment

There is quite a few online importers that sell all kinds of Japanese performance cars such as the topic mentioned and I have seen ready to go drift spec ones that go for a couple of grand and a short amount higher. I am talking around $1,500 to around $4,000.

Comment

plus the thousands it will cost to get it legal and driving on th street

Comment

Originally posted by dae
          don't forget the $1-2K for shipping!

Comment

You could tow it to drift events!

Comment

Just so that you all know. Truenos and Levins go for about $4000-7000 stock in Japan. No i'm not kidding.

Comment

Re: Price of JDM AE86's

Originally posted by AE86_drift
                Since there are some Japanese people on this board, I was wondering how much the sharp-nose AE86's go for in american dollars. My friend might be going over there to buy a car and so he will have a container, and if the price is right, I'll sell my SR5 and get a JDM AE86.
                you're gonna have to be here yourself to find an ae86 for $1500-4,000..good luck...seriously hachis are $10,000+ (YES thats right PLUS) yes they are that expensiev because fo the craze...if u dont live in japan or any where that it can be cheaply shipped to, stay with the corolla

edit: an sr5 would go for somewhere around a gutted ae86 over here

Comment

where are you located. if in the states why get a jdm 86? its possible to find good shape hachis on the market. ive found a few my self already. you just have to do alot of searching.
                  plus if its for the states. good luck on legalizing it. highly doubt you could due to the age of the car. and if you could, with the money you spent to get it here and legalized, you could have a wicked U.S. counterpart 86.

Comment

Yeah, you could either have a wicked Corolla GTS or a slightly tuned Trueno Sprinter from Japan. Stay with your SR5. And as for your friend, If he wants to spend 10k on an old 86, go ahead. I'd rather buy a 180sx Type-X for that money and I'd still have enough money for a little bit of parts on the side.

Comment

I remember once I saw a former D1 AE86 for sale on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Was the green one with a SR20 motor, full suspension, cage etc, and a full kit. I did the yen/dollar conversion and it went for $5000 US!

Comment

Are you sure it wasnt fake/a scam? When was this? Because a 1983 86 goes for 10k over here

Comment

It might have been a scam. Because I have to use a language translator it looked all jacked up anyway (text hardly made sense). I did not follow up on it so I'm not sure. But maybe if this guy wants cars from Japan he might want to use Altavista Babblefish to check out the Yahoo Japan auctions. Only problem is I dont think they can accept bids directly from people in the USA. There has to be some sort of middle man.

Comment

Well if it was on a credit card, i wouldn't see why not. Wouldn't it just convert it to yen when the seller received the money in his account? I'm not sure but blah...

Comment

Where are you guys looking at your AE86's? Buy from auction houses,not private sales,that's how you get ripped.

Comment

Working...
                              X