This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are "There Here"

We came in here in the first place because there was way to much bull and flameing going on about us and drifting in general. All of us drifters have been talking about what would be best for our sport and we decided that it would be to educate the public on what we do and what we look for when we drift. We realized that the public, even our fans dont really know what drifting is and what we look for. Not saying anything bad mind you but there are alot of people who do not know anything about drifting and come into these forums to try and learn what drifting is. It makes us all look bad when people are talking about crashing, touge running, street drifting, ff drifting mom's car. (ff drifting in general, it allways starts an agument)

And, No, you do not have to respond multiple times in one post. This is what bothers me about this forum, you see the same people with 25 posts on the same topic. I know there is not 25 answers for the same question.

PS, lets see how many times the same people will post on this?
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

I usually post multiple times in a thread because someone brings up some different point or does not seem to get what I'm trying to say. I hope I dont come off as a post whore, but hey, someone gotta defend domestic drifting right? My other excuse is, I work online 8 hours a day and I get bored sometimes so I check the forums out and give my .02.

I'm glad you guys post here.

Comment

Alex is on the money, what alot of you dont realize is that this is "our" sport. when I say "our" I mean everyone involved with it. from the pros to the spectators, it is ours. So with this being "our" sport its also "our" responsibility to make sure that it grows like it should. alot of people have jumped on the bandwagon as far as drifing goes, and that is both good and bad. Good becuase of the exposure and all that but bad because most everyone is still clueless as to what is happening or what this is all about. and you can argue all you want but most of the people on this board dont know squat about drifting. if you look at any other sport out there, all of the fans, the kids, whoever is into that sport knows how that game is played, they understand the rules, or guidelines, the ettiqute or however you spell that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but not with our sport, that is kinda weak. yea its a new thing and all but still kinda weak because the people watching, dont know what their seeing, and in the majority of situations arent looking to find the right answer, they just make assumptions and run with those as if they were printed in the bible or something. that is just no good. I hear peeps in here talking about street drifting and that is just stupid in my book (bad news, I know first hand), drifitn meets on local roads (stupid in my opinion) or touge running, wanting it to be like in japan. I think all that is gonna do is make this into another illegal street racing scene and have all the wrong people interested in what we are trying to do, like i dont know COPS. and you all know if they cathc wind then we just look like punks with no respect and in turn no respect will be given to us. take it to a track event and LEARN there, if the guys are there ask questions, get an understanding that is why the guys are here to educate the public. like all other motorsports, all other sports for that matter, the spectators represent the future, the education of the public and ourselves will make the future of this sport bigger and better than it is plain and simply. Andy Yen is like a guru on this stuff if you kids get a chance to watch those pure drifting or whatever videos listen to andy, listen to ryan, moto, taka, benson, adam, alex, hiroo, casper, calvin, those cats have more experience than most of you even know, I have learned a great deal since i have been around them and i respect them for it, but im saying all of this because i think that drifting can go where we want to take it, but the education is the main thing in this process

Comment

I'll be the first taker.....Alex!!!
        Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
          I usually post multiple times in a thread because someone brings up some different point or does not seem to get what I'm trying to say. I hope I dont come off as a post whore, but hey, someone gotta defend domestic drifting right? My other excuse is, I work online 8 hours a day and I get bored sometimes so I check the forums out and give my .02.

I'm glad you guys post here.

Once again... Words out of my mouth CH...

Comment

Capt. Pfeiffer is right... The reason most of us never posted on this forum until now is the lack of actual correct information being posted... We definately enjoy the company of our fans and like to hear what they have to say. But when there are 25 different threads about ridiculous facts that are generally made up... It makes all of us look bad. So think before you post!

It is up to us to teach/train the public what drifting really is, not just some burnout contest and a lot of smoke... Huge angle, crazy entry speed, and good lines!
            Last edited by Topics II; 05-19-2004, 11:56 PM.
            www.chrisforsberg.com
            www.driftalliance.com
            www.nosdrift.com
            www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

chris you glass bastard

Comment

I hate to do exactly what Alex was scolding us about (post twice), but I had to say ... please, if I am posting the wrong information, please correct me. I would rather be corrected and look dumb than pass on bad information. I'm still a beginner compared to you guys, and I know I dont know as much as you guys, but I do try to genuinely help people. What I post is what I pick up on the track but that dosnt mean what I say is right. So if I'm wrong please correct me. You'll be helping me too because maybe I'm doing stuff wrong when I'm out on the track (thats why I'm the spinout king! hehe joke).

Comment

I feel ya Alex P.
                  Message boards have always been notoriously plagued with "bull and flameing". The anonymity of the internet creates problems, people will be tempted to miss lead others and create disarray, distracting from the purpose of the medium, connecting to sharing infomation. I recently joined to this board, although i do not usually do so, to do as slide has stated, "to educate" and guide other peers to my best extent, and of course to voice my opinions. The issue about posting..well you have to post to get your thoughts out, even if its more that once, but i do argee that there has been cases of postingOverkill. Anyhow, Your presence is welcome here Pros, voice your opinions more often.
                  Last edited by SilviaLove; 05-20-2004, 12:21 AM.

Comment

how many times have I said this same thing. good luck guys

Comment

i don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but i see the same damn post on here every other week. everyone knows what it's like here, you spend 10 minutes here and you can figure it out. if you don't like it, you certianly don't have to stay (and this pretains to anything on the web.. not just this forum). DX didn't like it, so he started up *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.com, there are certianly other forums out there which are different.

this is the premire drifting forum, and because of that, a large majority of the traffic is going to be 'n00bs' talking about ff drifting their mom's car and the likes there of. why? because that is (unfortunately) the majority of the LARGE population here.

if you don't like something, change it.. if you can't change it, then ignore it..

i'm not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* or anything, i'm just saying.. i see way too many of these posts around and nobody does anything.. they just whine

Comment

1) You are correct about the BS that goes on in forums. Understand that its the nature of the beast that you're dealing with. People will sit behind a computer screen and say more than they would in person....human nature.

2) you guys are new to the 'spotlight', this is something that you guys have to get used to until the sport secures itself on this side of the pond If you're gonna post everytime someone says sumthin bad about you or the sport you'll never have time to Drift. Just 'Do your thing' out there and everything will work it's self out.

3) I was one of the first persons on this forum and yes I see the same questions over and over again.....It gets tired, but then again that’s what a forum is.

4) A forum isn’t a simple Q&A or else they'd put up a huge FAQ and do away with the message board.....It's for ‘conversation’, so yeah there will be mile long threads. That’s how forums survive. Id rather have 25 answers to think about, then one wrong one.

5) It was cool that you've posted your piece to 'set the record straight' and your points are well taken by all, I hope.*

6) the fact that there are street drifters, touge runnin', etc. IS bad for the sport, but don’t think for one second that the scene would be where it is now without these things surfacing from the underground. It's made an impact, so now its time to Educate.

*Please see point number 2

Comment

I thought we were here for the girls?????
                          -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                          www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Alliance
                            I thought we were here for the girls?????

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                              1) You are correct about the BS that goes on in forums. Understand that its the nature of the beast that you're dealing with. People will sit behind a computer screen and say more than they would in person....human nature.

2) you guys are new to the 'spotlight', this is something that you guys have to get used to until the sport secures itself on this side of the pond If you're gonna post everytime someone says sumthin bad about you or the sport you'll never have time to Drift. Just 'Do your thing' out there and everything will work it's self out.

3) I was one of the first persons on this forum and yes I see the same questions over and over again.....It gets tired, but then again that’s what a forum is.

4) A forum isn’t a simple Q&A or else they'd put up a huge FAQ and do away with the message board.....It's for ‘conversation’, so yeah there will be mile long threads. That’s how forums survive. Id rather have 25 answers to think about, then one wrong one.

5) It was cool that you've posted your piece to 'set the record straight' and your points are well taken by all, I hope.*

6) the fact that there are street drifters, touge runnin', etc. IS bad for the sport, but don’t think for one second that the scene would be where it is now without these things surfacing from the underground. It's made an impact, so now its time to Educate.

*Please see point number 2
                              Marry me

Comment

Working...
                              X