• Show
Clear All

• Take it easy on the streets - please read

to nite at 0030 a friend called me up to ask if i was involved in an

accident involving some "streetracers".. which he just had heard

on thePolice scanner.

I was at home i told him...

i called another friend & got the news that a third friend has

crashed his M3 -98 at about 140 mph overtaking another car on the highway/freeway...

his girlfriend was thrown out of the car & killed instantly.

The driver of the M3, my friend Johan, was unconsious & taken to

the hospital...

I/we still have no news about his condition..... :-(

regards/
    .........kristian Sweden

thats terrible hope ur friend will be ok.

Comment

a sad day

my deepest thoughts are with you and your friends and familes that have lost loved ones i have been in that postion before and it sucks... best of luck to your friend and to you......

Comment

Take this as a sad lesson everyone.. When you drive hard you endanger our self.. but when you do with a passanger.. especialy someone you care about...

Well just everyone be safe out there.

Comment

I hope your friend makes a quick recovery and then gets a good dose of reality like a trial and maybe some jail time or a huge fine. I know I'm supposed to sypathize with you and say I'm sorry about your friend, but the girl and her family are the only ones I have sympathy for. Your friend was dumb for going so fast and being so wreckless. Yes it's very sad, all of it, but this shouild derve as a lesson for all. Don't drive like this. It can kill those you love and those around you. So anyways. Now that I've vented. I'm sorry for the loss and for your friends injuries. Hope all turns out okay. And I hope we all learn from this. Sorry if I was a little harsh. I just feel very strongly about illegal driving, or any illegal activity for that matter. Call me goodie-two-shoes if you want. Maybe just a temorary suspension of his license would eb good, and some community service or something. I guess I'm done. Everybody have a day.

Comment

Misthael
            good post.....i too understand the saddness of the story but.....when you act like a fool....sh*t happens....sorry to hear wat happened...prayers to the families...

Comment

It really irks me that it was the driver of a BMW, an E36 M3 no less.

Dramatic, but proves the point that seatbelts save lives. Sorry about your friend(s) but such is the price to pay for not being able to control your car at such high speeds.

Comment

i think the guilt of killing his girlfriend is enough punishment....

Sorry to hear wat happened

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                  i think the guilt of killing his girlfriend is enough punishment....

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
                    Misthael
                    good post.....i too understand the saddness of the story but.....when you act like a fool....sh*t happens....sorry to hear wat happened...prayers to the families...

i luv ur car and team ahah its soo funny........... RIP to all who were killed in illegal races etc etc that were an innocent bi-stander

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
                      i luv ur car and team ahah its soo funny........... RIP to all who were killed in illegal races etc etc that were an innocent bi-stander
                      Steve that's completely off topic and just ridiculous for a thread like this. Get your *Censored**Censored**Censored* some manners, besides I thought you left the forum for good.

Comment

my deepest condolences and sympathy to all the induviduals involved. to everyone reading this thread, hope and pray that you don't have to deal with/be involved with a situation like this one day....

live by the rev, die by the rev...

Comment

Be safe and no your limits. To many people have died trying to be showoffs and hotdogs. Sorry to hear it was someone close. Be safe everyone.

Comment

Thats very sad, and I'm truely sorry to hear about your friends accident Kristian. I hope your friend Johan makes it out ok. You guys will be in my prayers.

Comment

Its never a good story when racing goes bad. I have personaly been threw many accidents.

I do have to say that some of the posts are uncalled for. If you took the time to notice, the accident happend in sweden and not in the US, a bit different.

Maybe if i share a story it will keep some of you quiet. Here is a story of a death I witnessed at the race track. A while back i went threw a driving school at sears point. In the school we drove formula mazda's. Very fast little cars, about 1400lbs with 170hp. The school was 3 days long and on the last day its pritty much driving all day. At sears point, if your good, or have the balls, turns 7 threw the entrance of 11 is flat out. Turn 10 is scary as hell cause your going about 120 or so. Saw many crashes there. But anyway, the entrance of 11 also has the pit lane entrance and there is a wall that sticks out to separate the track from going into pit lane (kinda like you see on the freeway off ramps with the yellow things). In order to get a good apex you have to run right up next to this wall when you hit the brakes, you are moving about 140mph or so right before you hit the brakes, down to about a 45mph 180 degree turn. Fun place.

Well, late in the day I was starting to get a bit brave and was getting faster and closer to this wall. Something I didnt realize, the track has a few bumps in it and they get bigger the closer you get to the wall. One lap, i did get a bit too close and as I hit the brakes, the car skiped accross these bumps, lost control, and it steped out on me to the right and went sideways hopping back and forth. All you can see is tire walls around you but some how, I regained control of it nearly missing that wall and almost not making the turn (there is a wall all the way around the turn). I couldnt belive i made it without hitting anything and just started laughing. I laughed so much my helmit foged up and i had to open it. Needless to say i was worthless for the rest of the session but got back to it again but never that close to the wall.

The next day was a test day. Durring test days you will have cars from all varietys of racing on the track at once and as young guys and fans we where, we would sit out there and watch the cars run. We worked right above turn 11 and had a great view of the track. Well anyway, there was a few formula mazda's running that day. One of which was owned by a well respected shop owner and racer. At about lunch time, we where hanging out watching there runs, talking about the experiences we had the day before and all of a sudden, we see him come out of 10, on the same line i took the day before, hit his brakes, the car stepped out, but this time he lost it going to the left, he hit the wall at almost full speed head on, the biggest bang i've ever heard, the car launches into the air straight up and lands straight back down on top of the wall. His body was just limp. We couldnt do or say anything. Everyone who worked at the track heard the sound and came to see. Medics ran over, ambulance arived minutes later, helicopter lands on the track. No one could do anything.

This is the one that still gets to me. I watched someone die doing the same thing, and loosing it at the same place I did the day before, just my car went right.
                              Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 05-22-2004, 02:16 AM.
                              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                              X