VW Wins Against A Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Wins Against A Porsche

Currect me if I am wrong but shouldn't a Porsche be able to beat a Mrk2 VW Golf?

Could some one explain how this would be possible and what I would have to do to my car to get it to do the same?

Check Out Video Here.
    (Cut and Paste this link if above link doesn't work. http://assdragon2004.tripod.com/win.mpeg)
    Last edited by DoriFuta-; 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM.

its driver vs driver not car vs car

Comment

holy crap that was freakin weird... but thats an early 80's porche no? plus anything could have been done to that vw including any type of motor swap imaginable.

Comment

lol....if you didnt know already...
        VW and Porshe are the Same company...i think...
        I Know they have the same motors tho, cuz i saw a guy drop a 911 turbo in an old bug

Comment

swaps

well I know you can swap a 95\96 VW engine into older VW cars but what else could you put in it?

I know you can also put a Porsche (911 i think, could be wrong) engine into an old style VW beetle.

Comment

Old porsches are slower then stock integras.

Comment

link stopped working

Comment

my friends uncle has a golf r32 n he put ano ther motor in the back i never seen it tho

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
                  my friends uncle has a golf r32 n he put ano ther motor in the back i never seen it tho
                  I doubt it. Strongly. To say the least.

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
                  well I know you can swap a 95\96 VW engine into older VW cars but what else could you put in it?

I know you can also put a Porsche (911 i think, could be wrong) engine into an old style VW beetle.
                  Could some one explain how this would be possible and what I would have to do to my car to get it to do the same?
                  I usually lurk this board no sense in posting when all I have to do to learn is read, and besides I drive an arse dragger so I'm more interested in touge then drift. Mk2 vw's are kinda my thing I thought I'd post and and awnser a few questions...

Volkswagen mk2 (pronouced "mark", not "emm-kay"), also called the "a2" chassis, were made from 85-92. In other words, they're the boxy ones, lol. Depending on the year and the wiring, they lend themselves to a number of engine swaps.

You'll see people go from 8v to the 2.0 16v, a common and easy one. The 2.0 16v motor came in 90-92 GTI's and Jetta GLI's stock, so it's an easy swap. Turbo 16v's are where it's at...anywhere from 250-300 at the wheels without the additional weight of a vr6 or the cost of a 1.8T. There are pre-90 16v's, but they're 1.8l.

You'll see people running the 2.0 8v motor out of 93-99's, although they went to OBDII in 96 I belive and due to wiring issues it's easier to swap the OBDI. I think this is sorta pointless, as I'm a 16v fan and would rather do that, but you can find fresher motors this way. If you're going to go boost, the earlier forged bottom ends lend themselves to it pretty well.

The VR6 motor is also popular, usually OBDI 12 valve versions. I've seen 24v out of new mk4's, but it's trickey to do. The vr is a little bit more of a challenge then the 16v and 2.0 8v to shoehorn in...the easiest way is proably to gut a Corrado SLC donor car. That way you have the harness, motor, tranny, axles, and full subframe which will bolt into your mk2. The Corrado was essentially a mk2 platform...think of it as mk2.5. You'll see all sorts of VR6 setups around...blown, turbo'd, whatever, but even with a stock vr, a mk2 vr6 swap will run high 13's on good tires. The trick is getting it to hook up, mk2 vr's will burn 4th lol.

People have done 1.8t swaps, but it's a real PITA. Big bucks, to say the least. A stage 3 mk2 1.8T would be 300+ odd horse at the wheels, in a 2400 pound car. A rocket ship, in other words. Good luck ever getting traction...

Anyway, sorry for the leangth. That's kinda a really quick, full of holes outline of some of the stuff people to do mk2's. After the 16v, the vr6 is probably the most common, but if you're all about the touge you man not want the extra weight over the front wheels. For a touge car, built or turbo 16v is probably the best idea.

Eye candy:

Yes, mk2 people do have a thing for oddball euro wheels. I belive those are like 13x8 or some such...
                  Last edited by Parry; 05-23-2004, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
                    lol....if you didnt know already...
                    VW and Porshe are the Same company...i think...
                    I Know they have the same motors tho, cuz i saw a guy drop a 911 turbo in an old bug
                    Porsche is not an affiliat with VW.
                    Vw,Audi And Now Mercadies are all in together.
                    It just so happens that the mounting brackets are the same from a 911 to a VW Beetle.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                      I usually lurk this board no sense in posting when all I have to do to learn is read......
                      Excellent Post, Gave me some real insight to what engines can fit into my car.
                      Would you know where i would be able to get some Euro style body kits for my 85 Golf?

Bumpers,Lights,Fenders, anything would help, Since my car is spray pianted black (poorly done), bumpers are fallin off and my head lights really aren't that bright.

Comment

Older Porsche's dont make much power... at all... Depending on the condition, the air-cooled motors from the 70's models would go 0-60 in something like 8 seconds, which was fast in those days, but not anymore.

Excellent post Parry - it would seem that people could learn from you as well. You also ought to post in some Touge threads - there aren't enough people that talk about that kinda stuff, IMO.

I had always that the 1.8T was the difinitive VW motor with the 16V Turbo close behind, and I guess to some extent, I was right.

VW/Audi group now has ascosiations with Mercedez, but I don't think that it's nescessarily part of the company. Porsche and Subaru now have a fellowship, which makes sense because they're the only 2 makers producing horizontally opposed motors.

About the R32 with 2 motors: It didn't happen. If it did happen, I want to meet the guy so I can kick his &%#*@.

-MR

Comment

VW and Mercedez

I don't know how much VW is involved with Mercedez but I read on MSN.com that they are making a new model (body type) or something for the Benz.
                          This was a while back so i can't member all the details.

Comment

i heard that audi and lamborgini are together

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
                              i heard that audi and lamborgini are together
                              If you look on any Audi\VW you will see both symbols.
                              My VW has a 3 ring audi symbol on my oil cap, along with some other parts on the door frames and such.
                              I am sure if you look on an Audi you will see a VW symbol somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X