ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passing?? (D1 and Formula D Rules/Judging)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing?? (D1 and Formula D Rules/Judging)

Still confused on the rules and judging of D1 and FormulaD...

Ofcourse living in ohio has its disadvantages in coverage, but
    how do they judge each driver for points? How do they win, and is there a bonus for passing? Are the rules similar to the Best Motoring Touge Battle videos or what

Our helpful Admins posted this, it should help you out abit.

http://www.drifting.com/d1_grand_prix.php

Comment

Who wrote that article? Cuz everyone thats explained it to me explained it a bit differently. The way I understand it, putting so much pressure on someone that you actually cut off their line is a bad thing. Looked down upon and loses respect. My understanding is that the person in front is supposed to set the line, and the person in back is supposed to follow that line while maintaining a short distance between his front bumper and the other guys rear bumper. Pressure is to be put on the guy in front, but not in the manner that he has to worry about his line being cut off and possibly result in a collision. The person in the rear shows his skill by adapting to any speed/line/angle of the person in front. The front guy should have full confidence that he can set whatever line he wants, and he will not be hit by the other driver or have to make evasive maneuvers that cause him to exit the track. If he takes a bad line, then he is scored bad, but IMO not an excuse for the chaser to go for a pass. If the guy spins out or exits the track on his own, then the person in the rear can pass without losing respect. I dont know if this is how D1 is judged, but this is how I battle. I dont try to set a line unless I'm in front. Cuz the way I read that article, it sounds like you are supposed to try and cut off everyones lines, and IMO this is too agressive and will cause collisions. If that is how the D1 is scored, I guess I'll need to adjust my attitude toward battling (and build my car to suit). Nobody is cutting off my lines, and if they do, they can taste some american iron hehehehe.
      Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-27-2004, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Crazy if you can pass the lead car you just handed them their butts as for presuring the front yes the rules are correct. This is like a dogfight but you must also maintain your composer. This is how its been done for millions of years and is not far from the touge rules as well. Just like touge if you fall back you have lost and if you can pressuer the front to make a mistake or pull off you have won. And yes if you pass the front car you have won.

Remember rubbing is allowed but if for instance the front misses a shift and you cannot avoid them and hit them direct you have lost.

Nascar is simular presuring the front and bumper rubbing are allowed. Cutting of someone will get your butt kicked but in drift you are not at a point to cut them off you need to come in under or over them to pass.

Comment

^ Done with respect and courtesy and safety in mind, though.

-MR

Comment

if they miss a gear and u hit em, u shouldnt lose

Comment

Originally posted by 180onthebricks.
              if they miss a gear and u hit em, u shouldnt lose
              Its like rear ending someone in traffic, If they stop and you cant stop in time, its your fault. A good driver needs to adapt.

at least thats how its seen.

Comment

thanks alot everyone, after the explanation i understand that alot better.

appreciate it

thanks again

Comment

Just be sure not to pass gas - Methane is illegal from what I understand...

I agree with the famous Robert Hale in that if you hit someone that it sould count against you and that it's your responsibility to keep your car to yourself.

-MR

Comment

IMO these rules give an advantage to sponsored drivers that dont care about the cars they are driving. But if thats how it is, then I'll adjust. I am not currently building my car with collisions in mind, but I think I will have to re-evaluate that part of my build ...

So if someone does cut off my line and I get T-boned because I refuse to move, who wins and who loses?

Comment

I think those rules are put in the wrong way. They seem to be more media oriented. Trying to hype up the sport.

When I run in front, I just dont pay attention to the car behind me. What he does, really doesnt matter to me, I'm not going to change my line (unless I though i was going to be hit).

When behind, you try and change your line just a bit so you can catch the front car in the middle of the main corner. More than likely you will run a tighter, faster line. Once you catch up to the car, match his speed and angle as close to him as possible.
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

look at that we even get the Profs in the thread, hell yeah.

its kind've like the old quote "we can argue all day about opinions... but where's the end result?"

i guess its all a matter of opinion. But in mine, a driver should get points for the bump and runs as long as they dont cut the opponents line or knock them of course. Because being either nose to tail or side by side is what racing is all about, and we all know drifting is racing.

"Drifting is all about riding that line, kind've like a double edged-sword."

AJB

Comment

dont bust my balls too hard, i'm posting when i'm drunk...

Comment

why wouldn't you be concerned with the guy in back of you? knowing how close he is to your back bumper may prompt you to drive in a more strategic fashion...afterall, the amount of pressure he is applying on you directly affects your chances of winning.

Comment

so wat would happen in this video i have... Its at Fuji and Kumakumbo and Imamura are making the transition from drifting one way to the next. Imamura was coming on the outside and wen Kumakumbo swung his tail out he made the Apex Rx7 fly into the grass. Would that be Imamura's fault for following too close ?

Comment

Working...
                              X