UKD1 enters round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKD1 enters round 2

I'm not sure if you are all aware but the UK is now in it's second round of drifting in 2004. The offical website is here... www.ukd1.com

It's still very much a grassroots sport here and we are learning every round how to improve the cars, the events and the whole experience.

As well as the forum on the above website there is a more active (at the moment) forum on the Nissan 200SX owners club website in the UK. It would be superb if you could drop by and offer some comments and advice on how us 'Brits' are getting along.

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Currently we have 6 rounds, all of which will be hosted at the UK race circuit Silverstone. We hope next year that the organisers, Option Motorsport in the UK will expand the circuits further.

We hope the sport will rise to the same heights as it has in Japan and America...

All the best...

Simon Thorpe

Oh and a few pics

Looks good! But one question, where are the spectators? Is there a large spectator base in the UK? Glad to see you guys sliding on the other side of the world.

EDIT - Just went through the website, and have another question. Are these D1 events? It looks like the event coordinators are 'OPT Drift Club' or something?
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM.

Comment

They do exist... honest It's still very much in it's early stages and most of the crowd are friends of the drivers or those in the know. We had about 170-200 turn up at the last event. Option are doing everything they can to raise the profile.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
        EDIT - Just went through the website, and have another question. Are these D1 events? It looks like the event coordinators are 'OPT Drift Club' or something?
        I'm not sure exactly what you mean. It's not an offical "D1" (whatever that means) event but it's being organised by a tuning company in the UK.

I sure hope this isn't any infringement of copyright (I don't work for Option by the way) we are simply trying to get our sport off the ground.

Comment

I watched some videos on your site, and I must admit some of that stuff looks really good. Those crazy Europeans never cease to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
            I watched some videos on your site, and I must admit some of that stuff looks really good. Those crazy Europeans never cease to amaze me.
            Thankyou... this is some video of the round 2 clubman final (Amature) which I won (pure luck) I did spin and was rather amazed the judges deemed me worthy to get into the final 3!

http://www.323gtx.co.uk/200sx/ukd1-round2.wmv

Comment

Yeah your guys videos look great. Looks like you guys were having a blast out there. I'm not sure if using the D1 name is a copyright issue. I'm certainly not one to make a big deal out of it. But it might be something you guys want to think about if you starting using those terms related to business. Same thing for Option Motorsports which seems to be a spinoff of Option Video but sells parts instead? I'm just confused because they are using the same exact Option logo too (guarantee thats a copyright issue). Anyway, wbsite looks great and it looks like you guys are doing really good.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                Same thing for Option Motorsports which seems to be a spinoff of Option Video but sells parts instead? I'm just confused because they are using the same exact Option logo too
                I think that the UK guys have relatives with Option JP for sure...

come fellas, get ya asses over to the www.sxoc.com forum and say hello

Comment

Used to live in Surrey

I miss jolly ol' England

glad to see the drift seen in there, keep it goin man

Comment

Working...
                  X