i need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some help

hey i live in japan and right now im thinkin highly of a 180sx 89 or 91 to be my first choice..but if i get an s13 k's ill be savin a few bucks...and another but...BUT if i can ship a car to the states i was thinkin of getting a 93 rx7 but i dont wanna cuz ill wreck it if i drift...so what would a good, yet cheap car to get in highschool to start practicing? ill prolly have only 4000-5000 usd to spend concidering the fact that a 91 180sx is only 2500 here..so advice on a car to buy would be helpful......

thx

i'd get the 180sx and tune it w/ the leftover money if u have any- otherwise i dunno what u should do

Comment

if you live in japan go for something jdm only, like a cefiro, laurel, or chaser. Well, at least thas what i would do cuz i feel so deprived of good japanese rwd cars here in the US

Comment

I agree with J Blood, if you could get a car like that you should go with one of those. But if you wanna just start practicing drifting and tune your car I would think the 180SX would be a good way to go.

Comment

like how much do you guys think a new set of decent suspension and whats a kinda cheap but decent racing seat cuz i dont wanna bump around like a maniac..

thx

Comment

im not sure about japan but around here in the states the AE86 has been kinda "taken for granted" but that has excellent potential for being a true drifter. some very nice suspension is TEIN or Kei Office -- im not sure on prices but you can find something or other. Bride, Corbeau, or even Sparco makes great racing bucket seats.

Comment

I live in Japan and own a 180sx with a black top SR. If you have 4-5K usd you should be easily able to secure a fairly new 180sx or a s14 Zen Ki. If it was me I would probably go for the s14 because the of the Variable Valve timing. As far as parts, both cars have a huge used after market parts market. If you are new to drifting, I would stay away from FCs FDs and AE86s. They have a tendency to be peaky and hard for beginners to control. Not to mention parts are more expensive. You should be able to find either car with coilovers and a mechanical LSD already installed. Just make sure that the Coilovers are not leaking before you buy. Most importantly, MAKE SURE YOU GET A TURBO MOTOR WITH A MANUAL TRANNY. I have seen too many people make this mistake and have to buy another car. It may seem like a great deal, but DON'T DO IT. NO compromises here!!

Comment

Man I don't belong in the US espcially not the east cost.

Comment

Working...
                X