Shigeno version Trueno in GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shigeno version Trueno in GT3

I'm sorry if anything on this topic has been posted about this before but this is my first....anyways, I don't remember where i won it, but the awesome Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex Shigeno version...obviously something weird about it. As far as i know, Initial D has been out in Japan for a number of years, and as i was reading the back of one, it mentioned the creator's name was Shigeno. The one in GT3 has a noted resemblance to Tak's car, and the real clincher-the performance isn't that much better than the Trueno you can buy from the car shop, but it sells for 75,000 in the game. I was just half way pointing out all that info, and halfway wondering if anyone knew if it was supposed to be in homage to Initial D, or if the creators knew each other or what? I read somewhere that the creator of the Gran Turismo series is a big fan of drifting...any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Well Shuichi Shigeno's trueno really does look like that. Takumi's AE86 from Initial D is actually based off Shigeno's Trueno. I believe it was just a little toy for drifters in Japan and Initial D fans but at the same time Initial D was a sort of revolutionary series for drifting and so i think it was to promote Shuichi Shigeno and Initial D.

Comment

hah right on man...i dont know much about initial d at all...some people say the locations and what not are real...and maybe the story? eh i dunno but yeah any info is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
        hah right on man...i dont know much about initial d at all...some people say the locations and what not are real...and maybe the story? eh i dunno but yeah any info is awesome
        All of the locations are real and accurately mapped. Everything in the series is real. I'm not kidding. Some stores and such are renamed. All of the touges have the real names EXCEPT Mt. Akina, that's actually called Mt. Haruna.

Comment

hah...thats literally the coolest thing i have ever heard my friend. where did you get your info?

Comment

the internet

www.gallerystage.com

Comment

dang it...someone should have reminded me not to fail japanese class.

Comment

The Shigeno version AE86 in GT3 is in there because he was one of the car designers for the game and with his previous work in Initial D he pitched the idea of throwing in his car as a special model.

that car and the one u buy from the dealership are totally different.... its lighter, makes more power, handles a hell of a lot better, plus the infamous carbon bonnet with panda paint.

Comment

...And drifts like crap

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by TougeDorifuto
                    All of the locations are real and accurately mapped. Everything in the series is real. I'm not kidding. Some stores and such are renamed. All of the touges have the real names EXCEPT Mt. Akina, that's actually called Mt. Haruna.
                    lol calm down, not EVERYTING is real.

Comment

Not to start talking about GT4, but people are saying stuff like it's going to have a drifting cup and stuff...

I would so love to see single mountian pavement stages, like a Pikes Peak tarmac that you could Touge on with drift cars!

-MR

Comment

initial d rocks...i wish i could see these places...and i wonder if there really is a tofu shop that has an eight six...i mean there probably is most likely, but does it race? more importantly, does it drift?..ah, the life of a dreamer...

Comment

there is a real life takumi, but his name is changed too
                          his real name is: Kenshiro Gushi.

Comment

Takumi is better than Ken

it drifts very good if u know how to drift durrrr

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                              there is a real life takumi, but his name is changed too
                              his real name is: Kenshiro Gushi.
                              lol...i like your thinking

Comment

Working...
                              X