D1GP Career Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP Career Paper

hey guys, this is my first post on here, even though i go on this site everyday for about the last 4 months. I have a couple of stupid questions you guys might know. Im doing a carrer report for one of my classes in school. its a work experience ROP class. and we have to do a short 2 page report on a carrer and only a 3minute presintation. so i decided to do a d1gp driver for the carrer . i have to know a few things though. like what do these drivers get paid(i know it depends on what position they get). and what kind of qualifications for the job. do u have to have a certain license? and any other things that u guys might know about this job. i know most of these drivers race in JGTC and also own there own tuning companies.

First they only get paid if they win. Most of the drivers do own their own shops but allot work a 8to 5 just to eat. As for JgTC drivers only two of them do. These guys are like you and me and even thow they are supper heros they still got to eat. they still have problems, and they still strugle in life just like us. Most sponsorships are for parts only but if they apper in a video as a guest comentater or something they get a few bucks. Nomura gets 3g for an aperiance I dont know what Tsuchia gets but its around 8 to 9g.

Comment

I'm almost positive you need to get a racing license.Which means you need to go to a driving/race school.Which means you need to be a good driver And as drift xtreem said alot own their owns shops or work at shops.Most, if not all of there mods are paid for by sponsors.Again, to be sponsored, you have to be a good driver and get out on the track, get noticed.

BTW i think the word you're looking for is "career"

Comment

Qualifications1 license.

Nomura get's a lot of appearences,I mean,try and find an Option video with out him.He's like the John Madden of drifting.

Comment

there is no such thing as a D1 license in Japan. I know first hand but there are ten seed drivers which meens they do not need to qualify for an event as long as they are in the top 10 standings. Sam is rated at 14th right now he would have to requalify to run in the next show under Japan D1 rules. You donot need a license to drive in the D1 you dont even need a DL to run in the D1.

Hope this helps

Comment

Why the license over here? I need to get to doriland.

Comment

thanxs for the help guys, im doing my powerpoint right now, put a sweet little video together for it also

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                Why the license over here? I need to get to doriland.
                Gushi competed without a liscense

Comment

but dont they get paid by their TEAM or sponser??? i mean all the big names like TANIGUCHI and...KAZAMA

Comment

no they dont usually Their spobsores might pay their travle and what not APC pays us a amount per show from that we need to deduct our rooms meals and flights plus rental cars. Their isnt any "PAY" left but what is left we put in a pot to build more cars or for essentials.

Comment

I think most of the income comes from selling promontional items. Althought they may get the parts free, its VERY expensive to travel with cars, a crew, extra parts, tires, etc....

Comment

that's so different from other GPs..... the drivers mainly get their salary from the race but not from their sponser..........

i throught they have contracts between Driver and the team..like F1

so who get's to own the car then????

Comment

I am pretty sure that
                          BOTH the HKS cars are owned by HKS.. but T has his own car as well..

just like nomu.. he owns I know ONE of his skylines and I think Blitz ones the other.. not sure.. but then again.. he owns uras and they have like 5 cars now

Comment

does taniguchi get paid much from the JGTC series. I know he had a bad season last year. not sure about this season going on rite now though.

Comment

Working...
                            X