Why?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?????

Why is discussion about toge, street racing and street techniques not allowed?
    Obviously its illegal but most people that practice drifting do not have the money to go to track days. Also the tracks around here (CT) offer track days maybe once a month and the pavement is like sand paper. Furthermore many if not most of the D1 drivers in Japan honed their skills during illegal street racing. While D1 is a great show, toge is obviously more of a real race and I find it more interesting then show drifts. It would be great if there was some form of professional toge racing but there isn’t so why isn’t discussion allowed. Why the censorship? I can’t speak for everyone but it was toge that spurred my interest in drifting and the import scene.

I know ill probably get flamed but I had to ask.

*note please replace toge with touge*
    thanks....

Comment

because alot of important industry people read this board and they dont want that kind of appearance.

Comment

Talking about such things would only bring trouble for the board and yourself.Cops come on this board,they'll even be reading this post.It's just common sense.You don't go up to a cop and tell him how your going to speed right? Same situation here,well,close enough.Just keep it low key,don't openly discuss it,especially if you have involvement in it.

Comment

You can talk plenty about touge without discussing directly illegal activities.

And you should

Comment

This site does not condone illegal activity what so ever ( please dont waste your time defending touge as a legal activity...think about your intent when you go canyon running). This is why posting your touge runs are suggested against. You should know, what goes on in the mountains stays in the mountains . However, If you feel you must communicate your experiences locations or whatever, there are other ways to do this on the internet, but this site is not one of them.

Comment

Here are my thoughts on this....

I am the co-founder of Drift Days and although I only organize legal drift events, I clearly understand that driver's will go out to canyons to practice. I am not against it, but I will never discuss it with anyone either. There is one reason why... It is to project the driver's and the location that is sacred to them.

There are a lot of great driver's that have learned in the canyons and they even have great stories too, but the stories they have are between people who know when to keep their mouth shut and never disclose information. This is the internet and everyone has a opportunity to read everything that is written on this board. Everyone needs to understand that these topics needs to stay within a small group of people. When was the last time you read a topic: "Do you guys know where I can get some drugs?" Same thing.......

Reading your post... there is no such thing as street technique either. The "streets" is open to the public and there is no technique to avoid a civilian crossing the street or a kid running to get a ball in the middle of the road. Even worse, what technique has been taught to you while you are flying off a 500 foot cliff?

Real racing... That is when two driver's in an equally prepared cars compete to see who is fastest/best.

Comment

Good point. You wouldnt want any fools ruining it, and in turn bringing cops to the scene/blowin up all the spots.

If it's touge chatting/forums you want, try this.... http://www.tougefriends.com/media/html/

I for one browse thru there every now n then

Comment

Okay how many times in the last month has someone shot there mouth off about a artical or person or something and then that perosn showed up? this is Drifting.com its the first place on the internet to check out drifting. You type in "hey buddies me and my friend went to the touge and did this and that and that" and pretty soon you will have cops on the board, cops on the hills, cops everywere.

Hell what you type might be the piece of evidence the cops use to put you away, maybe they didnt catch you last night but now that have you bragging about it.

Some kid goes out. He gets him self killed. or kills someone else. Blames it on drifting. Some partent types drifitng in a search engine to learn more about it. And theres you and your buddies, maybe the kid involved bragging about running the touge and such.

Lovely country we live in right? so we need it to stay off the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                    because alot of important industry people read this board and they dont want that kind of appearance. well, that and some of the mods are jealous that they cant street drift
                    Im so jealous john haaha

Comment

Working...
                    X