New to drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to drifting

Hey every one, im just getting started in "street" drifting and this site has been verry helpfull. My new drift car is a 1988 RX7 SE, all stock rite now, but ive been drifting my 87 4Runner on gravel roads for the better part of 2 years now, so I know the basics of controll. I am open to suggestions if any of ya have some about my FC. And I also was wondering if there are many drifting events coming to Oregon, Im from centeral oregon and only know a couple guys who are interested in drifting. Thanks.

woo hoo oregon drifters unite

Comment

when you say you 'drifted' you truck, can you explain your drift methods and how you take corners?

Comment

4runner. okay.

Anyways. Welcome. 88 RX7 SE.. I got the same year and spec as you. Fun cars. Low on HP and TQ. But it's a butt load of fun.

The power and TQ are good for beginners. Spend most of you $$ to the Suspension and a Strut Tower (front and Back). Swap bar is a must.

Make sure you keep an Eye on the temp/oil and belts. Those are the first to give out. Also, check your power steering, Youll know what i mean when you spin out (wipe-out).

oh yeah Brake is something you need to keep an eye on.

Comment

4Runner drifting? you got some guts. nice choice on the rx_7

Comment

Almost as bad as my Frontier...

My truck is soo fun to drift though But sadly it only works in low traction terrain.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
            X