So I bought a car today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a car today...

Most of you will probably ho-hum this, as it doesn't really drift...but they've got mean handling and love the touge.

That, and it was 300 dollars, runs/drives

Cell phone test The phone's UNDER it, not in front. I'm missing the lip on the bumper.

So yea, 300 bucks. You can see the body is nice and straight, except for some paint funk on the hood and a dent on the other side i have to knock out. Interior is great, very clean.

Suspension and 15x7 Corrado steelies go on tomorow.

all i gotta say is nice shoes orange is my favorite color and what is that the nike dunk highs or af1s let me know i want a pair

Comment

is that a corrado??? if so damn....those things are hard to find....i only seen one in my life time...........good find

Comment

Originally posted by CFran55
        all i gotta say is nice shoes orange is my favorite color
        yea haha, i'd choose your dunks over the VW

Comment

Not a rado, Volkswagen Golf GTI 8 valve. Something has to be done about missing the other 8 valves, but for now it will have to do. I'll probably do a 2.0 16v for the summer, I know where there's a decent donor car.

I passed up a corrado when I had the chance for my old GTI. I like them, but eh. They're around if you know where to look.

And, that's not me. Friend of mine, making fun of my 4x4 like stock ride height.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I got the suspension on and a few things cleaned up.

Oh yea, and my Recaros in

Comment

Nice find for 300

Comment

CFran55

Please make sure your posts have something to do with the thread. if your not sure what the thread is....its..."So I bought a car today...". just please keep it on topic,

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                Nice find for 300
                Especially seeing how my 16v jetta is down with a bad tranny and I was rockin New Balance's for transport... So I guess I chose the VW over some new dunks

Comment

VW Corrado is a sexy a§ car. I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
                    VW Corrado is a sexy a§ car. I want one.
                    I do too...except that the Corrado and the mk2 Golf pretty much share the same platform, and these are a lot cheaper . Corrado's kind of like a mk 2.5 golf, lol. That's why they're they car of choice for vr6 swaps...the front subframe bolts right to the golf.

Comment

The Corado was the fastest VW production car when it was sold... I think. It was better than Golf, but they're both great. I just like the Corrado styling better.

Comment

yea...the vr6 corrado is definately much quicker then the GTI, but the G60 rados and 16v GTI's are closer in performance.

The rado's styling is less german econobox though

Comment

Originally posted by Unclever Name
                          CFran55

Please make sure your posts have something to do with the thread. if your not sure what the thread is....its..."So I bought a car today...". just please keep it on topic,

sorry bout that i just liked his shoes i have learned my lesson

Comment

NICE

A Volkswagen lover myself let me just say that for $300 that is a steal for a VW, since they run forever.

Have fun and be safe with your new toy, keep her running,give her some lovin and she will treat you well for years to come.

Any questions feel free to ask, i know the older VW's pretty well.

P.S.
                            If you ever want to sell it just let me know.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Or vice versa apparently

you got pictures of your golf, btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X