Home-Made strut bar anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-Made strut bar anyone???

decided to fabricate one while i was at the shop.
    1inch diameter pipe
    2mm thick brackets
    diamond plate covering
    mulitple nut's and bolts

the actual bracket's and pipe are steel while the diamond plate is aluminum...
    Attached Files

and here's a close up of the bracket
    Attached Files

Comment

does this actually stiffen ur car or is it jus for show

Comment

As he apears to rock a convertable, I'm sure it will help. You loose a lot of stiffness when you cut off a car's roof...that's why convertables often end up being heavier then hardtops. They have to stiffen and strenghten up the chassis to make up for loosing the roof, and thus add extra weight.

Comment

well the thing weighs nomore than 5lbs...and yes the chassis ridgidity has upped very nicely, steering response is better to. so it's not jus for show, it has a purpose...the diamond plate is for show though, i got bored and throw it on there, i was repping a flatblack pipe for about 2 days...then i found the diamond plate lying around the shop...

Comment

cool, i was jus wondering cuz u made it urself.. I know like ones from JIC or Cusco are like made to certain specs for the car u have.. and like if ur car is flexed out.. like a lowered car. U gotta lift it to take pressure off the frame and then u can put the bar on. Then the bar will fit in cuz its bac at the set size the frame is soposed to be. Then it holds it stiff. sorry if u cant understand wat im trying to say

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
              well the thing weighs nomore than 5lbs...and yes the chassis ridgidity has upped very nicely, steering response is better to.
              Word, good mod, and it looks good too. I wasn't talking so much about modded weight or whatever as much as just factory stock curb weight.

You understand what I'm saying about chassis stiffness and convertables anyway so I'm preaching to the choir. If you didn't, you wouldn't be making you own strut tower braces

Comment

techincally that isnt a strut bar unless your struts are placed right behind the seats, which i dont think they are on a miata. Still, very nice, i plan on doing something like that with the rear struts on my corolla.

Comment

yea its like a body or frame brace hehe. In my BM mag this guy with his S13 jus welds a flat metal bar on the floor of his trunk. It goes across side to side. Its raw ghetto style i liked it.

Comment

i would do the same thing w/ my trunk but my trunk is so small as it is...i can't afford to loose anymore space...lol

Comment

nah it was jus a flat bar on the bottom of the trunk. It didnt take any space at all. I didnt even know it was there till i looked real close

Comment

nemesis is getting another idea.....

Comment

I found the car... ill scan it for u tomarrow and u can take a peek. It was actually in my Drift Tengoku not my Battle Magazine

Comment

cool yo!

Comment

nice fabrications

Comment

Working...
                              X