• Show
Clear All

• RC Drifting

Here's a cool mpg of RC Drifting
    same concept, just less $ involved lol

drifting is spreading

RC Drifting

btw, music sux - I'd advise no sound

Mabuchi's origins started with rc drift... now most of us all still drift rc.. except one of my friends has gotten a AE86 so i guess we are moving on up... Next is my friend with a 240 and ill probably have a cressida but the end of teh summer.

Comment

i used to drift RC cars.....well i still do but i blew my engine
      {stock Nitro TC3}

Comment

niiiiiiiiiiice.
        2 words: jaw droppin
        Last edited by Ripper; 05-27-2004, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Ya I was sitting in the doc's waiting room looking for something interesting to read to kill the time. Came across some RC mag, flipped through it and found a drifting AD they had a 180sx and a 240 DRIFT RC CARS. Sleepy eyes, custom mini-coil overs, all wheel drive detailed to hell and back, they looked incredible and they mentioned they would be coming out with a tricked out AE86 model for RC drift. Gotta be cool.

Comment

wheres a good place to buy a drift rc car? i dont know crap about rc cars, but its one of those things that i would like to get and mess around with

Comment

hey, this may be one of my few posts, but if you are all interested in RC drifting go to www.rcdrift.com , and yes they have a drifting kit from a company called yokomo , it has 4 highly detailed bodies featuring a 180sx, a s15, an ae86 and pretty soon there will be a fc out in june. any awd touring car will work for you. you can look at www.towerhobbies.com and type in awd sedans or what not. look for my name on that www.rcdrift.com or pm me or get me on aim i will help if anyone wants to persue this hobby.

Comment

those yokomo drift cars are pretty tite, is there anywhere u can buy bodies of the D1 cars, with the paint jobs on them?

Comment

You know Mabuchi keeps it real with their RC drifting roots...
                  that was was a great vid love rc drifting wish i could still invest in it but im lookin foward to buying a 240 in the near future and have very limited funds
                  Yo Mrod u should throw some Mabuchi rc pcs up on hea and show them how we keep it real VIP style.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckm1020
                    those yokomo drift cars are pretty tite, is there anywhere u can buy bodies of the D1 cars, with the paint jobs on them?
                    Yeah another company called Kawada has the er34 ( i think its er) the apexi fd and i think one teams 180 for sale all you ned to do is paint it the colors and they have the vinyl decals for the body. they also have some rare deepdish 5 spoke whels liek on the apexi fd that look killer but are hard to get. and also there is a company called tamiya that has rc car kits for about 86 dollars plus 8.00 american shipping. its where i got my rc car. the chasis is called a tl-01 and have been aroudn since 1997. they can take a beating liek no other without breaking.
                    Last edited by SubaruDriftBoy; 05-28-2004, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckm1020
                      wheres a good place to buy a drift rc car? i dont know crap about rc cars, but its one of those things that i would like to get and mess around with
                      Here are some RC manufacturers to choose from:

Tamiya - TL-01 - cheap and great kit to start off with

Team Associated - TC3 - many kits available for this car, and also comes RTR(Ready To Run)

Team Losi - XXX-S - the XXX-S RTR has everything you need to start drifting

HPI Racing - Sport 2, Sprint, higher end Pro Series - only the Sprint is RTR, but comes with battery and charger

Yokomo aka Brokomo - They make cars just for drifting, and many different bodies to choose from, I'm not too fond of their mechanics.

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                      X