S13 240SX KA24DE Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 240SX KA24DE Parts

i just bought a 91 240sx se coupe with the racin seats carbon firber hood and an exhaust system. The thing puts out about 160 horses and im not satisfied. what should i do for horsepower gains compatible with the KA24DE engine.

You could spend lots of money modding the KA such as intake, cams, fuel injectors and pump, higher compression or turbo. A swap will be more economical, save money by not modding the KA and save up for the swap. Much more band for the buck and less work than turboing the KA because it's weak and needs to be beefed up before turbo.

Comment

s13

yea i was thinkin about the SA20DET or if i could get my hands on it the RB26DETT heh but thats jus wishful thinkin. the KA24 is in the car so i guess im jus anxious to get it to at least 250 horses. ive found cam gears and cams (dohc) but i haven found a turbo yet.

Comment

Greddy makes a turbo kit but it's pretty steep. RB's are a good consideration as SR's have gotten more expensive. Here's the kit http://store.yahoo.com/import-store/grtukitfor95.html. I'd rather have the sr or maybe the RB25. You said a 26 but I don't think any are rear wheel drive so you'll end up with a lot of fabrication. With cams, valve springs, ecu, higher compression pistons from a SOHC KA, and a metal headgasket you'll have good power. For drift it's more than enough. Just look at Hachi Roku's not much power. It's all balance. If you're gonna drift invest in coilovers. They'll be more important than a little extra power.

Comment

then why dont you just get coilovers...

Comment

Actually, the KA24DE can be turboed to 240ish WHEEL horsepower (8psi) reliably and without any internal modifications for about $3,000. SR20DETs are rated at 200ish CRANK horsepower. The KA24 gets a bad rap because people who don't know claim the SR20 is better. It's true that the SR doesn't require much to make huge horsepower, but then you're adding even more to the cost of the swap. The SR gives revs, the KA gives horsepower. Once you start beefing up the KA, you can make lots of power at only 12-15psi.

In reality, 155hp is plenty to get sideways and keep it sideways. Upgrade the clutch, get hotter cams, header, and cold-air intake and you'll have sufficient horsepower. Lose some weight and do some major suspension mods and you're golden.

Comment

idk i may not want to have my car setup for drifting only. idk this car is a project on a VERY limited budget. ill do what i can thanks for the info.

Comment

KA is a power beast, no need to swap when you can trubo the KA, and keep it smog legal.

Comment

You can go around 12psi on a stock KA with proper tuning. Good for around 250 or more whp in some cases.

Comment

The KA is an awesome base to start turboing. Might wanna check out NICO about some of those details. There's a guy there who's posting over 400 out of his DOHC motor with a simple turbo upgrade. Very much worth looking into since he talks about his setup too.

Comment

i wouldnt push near 12 psi on a stock KA... your asking to screw it up.... i hear about guys wanting to ruin the engine and boostin 15, when they were done, they took it apart and were pouring oil out of everything.

i would push about 8 just to get some power. screw the swap, more work than its worth. all ofyou are sheep. its a cool idea. and it does have more stock horsepower. but with the same amount of money, you can make the ka have just as much horse power. the ka has more potential IMO.

the RB26 is definately to much work. if you want to run a RB do the 25 or 20. still more work than gained. the 26 you cant run twin turbos with out major mods.

BTW greddy does not make a kit for the early 240.. only the s14 body.

Comment

with the right tuning, 12 isnt impossible. Some guy is running 16psi on stock block and internals making 400+hp. It just takes the proper tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by s14driftingTX
                          You could spend lots of money modding the KA such as intake, cams, fuel injectors and pump, higher compression or turbo. A swap will be more economical, save money by not modding the KA and save up for the swap. Much more band for the buck and less work than turboing the KA because it's weak and needs to be beefed up before turbo.
                          No offense,and I know I dont have much place to speak from, but I think your statement is kind of ignorant. Saying a motor is weak and more bang for the back shows it. Stock SR BEFORE TURBO is 140hp,and therein lies your ignorance, see, if you were actually educated,which I am not saying I am, you would know the sr is only stronger because of the turbo on the engine.

Most installs of a SR go to about 4500$ and for that much you could easily do some bolt-ons and get roughly 180+hp, and then with the extra money, turbo the KA for roughly 3-3500$.

Even with 2k invested on the KA -headers,exhaust,intake manifold,cams, youll be somewhere around 180rwhp which is more than enough to get you to drift. Hell,the hachi that won D1 has what..200hp? Who says speed is a neccessity?

More economical? How so? In CA the sr wont pass visual,let alone smog part(unless you know a few of the tricks). So how does a import engine that wont pass smog become more economical? Im not exactly seeing that.

Either I made a big mistake writing this,and if so,I deserve what is comming, but if not I feel glad that I hopefully changed someone's mind on the KA engine.

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                          Actually, the KA24DE can be turboed to 240ish WHEEL horsepower (8psi) reliably and without any internal modifications for about $3,000. SR20DETs are rated at 200ish CRANK horsepower. The KA24 gets a bad rap because people who don't know claim the SR20 is better. It's true that the SR doesn't require much to make huge horsepower, but then you're adding even more to the cost of the swap. The SR gives revs, the KA gives horsepower. Once you start beefing up the KA, you can make lots of power at only 12-15psi.

In reality, 155hp is plenty to get sideways and keep it sideways. Upgrade the clutch, get hotter cams, header, and cold-air intake and you'll have sufficient horsepower. Lose some weight and do some major suspension mods and you're golden.

Comment

rebuild the whole engine...take that sucker out and frankenstein that biotch.... port and polish... make the compression better.... better cams........better valves...better everything lolz.... get a 300zx fuel filter.... easy hp gain with such lil money....

Comment

and if ur gonna turbo ur KA make sure ur KA has very low mileage cus they tend to blow right inbetween the 200,000 range.... im gettn close to it.........

Comment

Working...
                              X