No announcement yet.

Ride with Funk Master Flex Drifting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride with Funk Master Flex Drifting....

Tonight (may 29th) on ride with funk master flex there was a story on drifting, it was pretty cool. they talked about how you should keep it on the track and they showed schools too. The Episode is titled "Ridin with madden and the millionaires" if you want to watch it.

..Nothing like m4d D0rI Drifts on 20" spinna's and a chamelon paint job.

Comment

?

Comment

this exact show is on right now on spike t.v.

just to let you guys know

Comment

ok the drifting part finnished

just to let you guys know, haha

Comment

yeah i watched it....but it pissed me off when they said "yeah, weve(Americans?) been doing this for a while, these guys just made a sport out of it" as they showed some tards doing awkward cookies and some jerk in a caprice or crown vic doing a 360 in a tunnel. NOT drifting suckas.

Comment

I've just never been able to dig caprices or any of those "ghetto fabulous" big bodies. They look ugly to me.

And I hate when Americans say, "Oh we've been drifting for a long time you guys just made a sport out of it" truth is no we haven't and nobody ever knew nothin about direction change and getting sideways through several corners in one slide.

Comment

Nothing aginst you,

Yes we have been doing multiple corner slides for a long time, you just haven't seen it done since you don't work at any road racing schools. We did not invent drifting I'm not saying that. But there are some drivers that have been doing it for a while. We just didn't know it was drifting. This has been argued to no end. If you look at the guys back in the 20's on the circle tracks they were drifting whether you would like to believe it or not. Rally drivers have been doing multiple slides for 30+years. I am very happy that the Japanese have invented the sport and perfected the format I think its the most fun I have had in my racing carreer. However in your defense, I do not agree with what they said in the segment, I don't think they should have said we have been doing this for years.

Thank you,
                Last edited by RyanHampton; 05-30-2004, 02:19 PM.
                Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

hey just to clear stuff up

didnt mean to actually piss people off, especially mr hampton, but i only made fun of those cookies and the wicked 360 for a couple reasons. the main reason being that in any type of article, or presentation, the main thing to consider is consistency, and when they were talking about keeping it on the track and being safe, that was very inconsistent with 360s in tunnels and cookies in intersection, i couldnt possibly do either, especially in that auto crown vic, but i do attack inconsistency. so, sorry if i pissed any of you off, especially you Mr H.

Cyrus

PS I hope everyone keeps screaming at me if they dont agree completely with what i say.

Comment

lol thats right, dont forget about the Outlaw cars, they get totally sideways all the way through the track.

Comment

The Miata was cool

Comment

Either way, flex is a complete tool. I have yet to hear him speak like a normal damned human being.

Comment

I saw the show it was alright...Flex is a moron, he kinda knows his stuff with classic cars but in a commercial for his show he said "18"s on a sport compact are a must"

Comment

all he says is "this is serrrrious" and "yaaaerrrd" (you heard)

Comment

Ryan I'll accept that I forgot about the road race camp and their uber driving skills. I know ppl with the old school porsches were stepping the a$$ end out around several turns at a time. God knows who else was doing it. The whole point of road racing is to grip, not drift so it never became a sport but people still did it unaware that it would, could be considered drifting some day. I guess I'll have to take that back.

The thing I was also talking about was when these guys refer to fishtailing and doing donuts as if its drifting and they've been doing it for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X