ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many corners have you been able to take in a row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many corners have you been able to take in a row?

Well?

I'll go first I've only tried one at time my rwd cars been down for a long a$$ time.

Who's counting

Serioulsy, on tracks where the corners are flowing, I don't really count. It would be easier to count laps I guess. I guess I've done a few on the go-cart track that my father runs. It's kind of small, and mostly second and third gear corners. I've probably done at least 10 laps in a row without really straightening the car up at all. Maybe more too. Not sure, but i wore out a set of brand new rear tires on one go... The track has nine corners, and that would actually make it at least 90 corners in a row That's kind of cool. Never though of it that way

Comment

I guess he means how many corners have you drifted in a row. Just two. Well sortof three. But it wasnt very clean.

Comment

So far the best for me was going up hill on the darkside of tantalus doing about 5 turns. That was a long time ago though...damn I haven't drifted on the streets in a long time.

Comment

1 lol

I haven't found a road yet that has joined curves to work with, nowhere within an hour's drive anyways. There's a couple S curve sections but they're blind corners and somewhat well traveled, so I wouldn't want to commit to sucessive drifts until I know I can come in that fast(+65mph), anything in the way means ditch jumping, wee! Most everything around here is corner, straight, corner, straight,... There's no tight slow speed corners either. Everything's pretty much highway speed and above on pavement, gravel's 40's and up

Comment

2 1/2
            It was an accident also. My problem is obviously countersteering too much. I went into the first right hand corner and had it out sideways and countered too much and came back sliding w/ my nose into the very tip of the grass (it was out on a public road and they havent mowed yet) and I could hear my bumper slapping the grass. And then I steered back outta that tun into the next right hander but I gained traction practically in the 3rd corner. If you were watching from outside the car, you would be like "Damn, that was pretty good" but if only you knew that I only planned on drifting the first corner and then other 2 I was just sadly trying like mad to recover it, then you woulda been laughing your *Censored**Censored**Censored* off.

Comment

3 turns, straightaway, then another 2 turns. i've done this stretch a bunch of times, sometimes i try to manji the middle part but i dont think i've really connected it before. its a fun downhill, but most of the rest is to spread apart to connect more than 2 turns. my friends and i longboard it alot, now thats fun. i have a sector nine cosmic 2. any of you guys longboard? its fun.

Comment

With my best drifts were in a closed area. Moving fast down the straight away, braking hard then turning in early (this is about 50-70 mph, when i start turning, depending on how hard im running) I let the rear come out and counter steer, this is very smooth. If im going to take the next turn.. (which is a huge sweeper... its not the scale in the graphic.. its actualy about two or three times that size) then i modify my counter steering to let it snap back on me. i Then control and harnass that snap back to go into the sweeper..

Now this is all in my auto open diff S13, so it was difficult to hold the sweeper very long, i did get a good chunk of it done on one of my last runs before the car died on me. anyways assuming everything is going well i smoothly transfer into grip driving... this is the unfun part because this is where i feel the understeer. The next turn is a 90 degree turn. usualy at this point my speed is pretty low about 35-50 (accelerating on the sweeper)

i tap the brakes turn in and grabe the handbrake to initiate oversteer. i am then facing 180 degrees from where i started and heading down the straight away..

I usualy floor it to where i start the run, turn in and then grabe the handbrake for a nice 180. (or take it easy depending on the tire situation. as in 'how much money do i have for' situation).

Those are my best runs so far. i was getting better each time. I am eager to see what i will be able to do with a LSD manual transmission and about 180 horse power from the new SR when i install it. Im hoping i will be able to hold that sweeper.

included is a really poorly made up, really quickly produced graphic to give you guys a good idea of how it looks. Yes this is the infamous spot of mine. now shhh guys. All i can say is its not a public road.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                  I guess he means how many corners have you drifted in a row. Just two. Well sortof three. But it wasnt very clean.
                  I know, and when you drift all the corners on a track with nine corners in a row, then do ten laps, you've done 90 corners in a row, right. But the answer is of course nine if laps don't count...

Comment

What if we did Choku Dori's to connect the turns? Do they cound then?

Comment

i would say so

Comment

Sweet. Well our track only has 5 turns total (LOL) so 3 is my record. S-Turn, 2 Choku's, Off Camber and Cutback, 2 Choku's again and then the Chicane and then almost crash into the tires by the Starting line for the 1/4 Mile Drags hahaha. But make no mistake, I"m not that good yet. There are alot of guys that can connect those same turns but at 20-40mph faster in some parts and no Choku's in between (with choke smoke) only long slides. Our track is so small it was only a matter of time before people could do entire laps with no traction (all Choku's down the straights).

Comment

If I can get turn one complete cleanly I can do all of sekia hills .. someof you may know that.. so that would be like 7 turns now.. with turn one actually 3 turns to make it up..

I can get turn one.. but not always clean and sometimes in a bad gear to drive out of it..

other than that.. about 4 or 5 on touge

Comment

ive done 2 soo far.... i cant find a place more then 2 ....

Comment

Working...
                            X