LSD Install on Spike TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD Install on Spike TV

i was watching spike tv like always, and they were fixing up this camero...and they showed how to install an LSD...did anyone see it? and is it that easy for me to put one in an sr5 ae86?

LSD is limited slip differential right? .....just makin sure

Comment

yup

Comment

Re: LSD install on spike tv

Originally posted by Ghost
        i was watching spike tv like always, and they were fixing up this camero...and they showed how to install an LSD...did anyone see it? and is it that easy for me to put one in an sr5 ae86?
        It'd be smarter to swap the whole rear end from a GT-S. LSD, disc-brakes, etc... check club4ag.

Comment

i thought the whole back end was the same thing? hMmm...im ganna have to research this...thanks for the info

Comment

when they swapped the camaro rear end, did they do it from the back end of the housing, because I think they did.

A corolla requires you to remove the diff from the front end of the rear axle, a little bit harder than the camaro. Basically a similar process though. pull the axles, pop out the diff, replace it. The thing is that doing it yourself means that you dont have a way to measure the backlash and other important measuments, unless you have those tools and know how to use them.

Comment

I watched it. Imports are so much different than domestics though, so you might want to watch out.

Comment

i figured it would be somewhat different...no matter what i know itll be fun tho

Comment

Post 500, oh yeah. I totally forgot what I was going to post. Oh well. I wish you luck and don't be afraid of getting dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                    Post 500, oh yeah. I totally forgot what I was going to post. Oh well. I wish you luck and don't be afraid of getting dirty.
                    congrats on post 500, and i'll be getting pretty dirty after i get my car

Comment

I am getting dirty tomorrow with my 240sx, it is going to be so much fun. I love working on that thing.

Comment

yeah, i think its just something about cars that makes us all happy...i mean, im happy with other things too, but cars are just different.

Comment

Working...
                        X